Holiday Traditions





Name: Lauren R.

On Thanksgiving day, after the parade, my sister and I watch Miracle on 34th St and White Christmas, every year.  This began when we were children, watching it with our grandparents and has continued together, even now that we are adults. (Some years via FaceTime or Skype.)

However, now we spend more time in the kitchen with my mom, as well, but we still set up an iPad and watch our favorites and break out into song and dance.  Especially for the "sisters" number with Rosemary Clooney.




Our family structure may have changed several times over the years, adding my children, losing our grandparents, welcoming our "adopted" brother (a very dear friend of my sister since childhood, and when he came out to his family, the disowned him), but the movie tradition continues and singing sisters has always stayed.


No comments:

Post a Comment