Currently......


Doing: I am about to squeeeeeee my head off! Seriously, though, in the next few weeks I am going to be like a gypsy woman. Traveling has always been a dream of mine. I am honestly a wanderlust at heart.  I get bored easily and yearn for different places, difference climates, different scenery.  With that in mind, I am making that happen.  My best friend, Devyn, and I are traveling to Spokane, WA, Las Vegas, Tulsa, and Phoenix all within the next two months.  We are hoping to add some more travel to the books this year, but we will just see how is pans out.  

Thinking about: My future has never seemed to chaotic and so bright in all my life.  I have some very big changes about to happen.  Some that are closing a large chapter in my life, and some that are opening brand new chapters.  Perhaps even brand new books in my life.  I spent my entire 20's in supreme adult awareness.  I was married, a homeowner, three dogs, white picket fence, the whole nine yards.  While, that stuff is always good and great and noteworthy, sometimes it is suffocating, not fitting, and dream crushing.  Young relationships are super wonderful and super hard all at the same time.  I you do not consciously grow in one direction, together, you will find yourself looking at each other saying, "Who the hell are you, and who the hell am I?"  That is a crossroad that I believe every living, breathing human being will come to in some part of their life, and it is even harder when you have reached that point with another person you have promised your heart and life to.  However, onwards and upwards is my new motto.

Watching: I have been watching the new season of Shameless.  Not the BBC version, the US version.  It is currently in season 5, and if you haven't started watching this show, you need to get on it.  It airs Sunday nights on Showtime.  I can't even begin to describe this show to you, because once I do, you will look at me like, "why in the world would I want to watch that?", but I promise it is well worth the time.  Basically it is about a family, living below the poverty line, with a drugged out dad (William H Macy) and a mom that is non existent.  See, I told you it doesn't sound great, but it is.  The writing is witty, and you will find yourself thinking WTF did I just watch.  It will make you laugh, it will break your heart, but certainly it will keep you coming back for more. 


Looking forward to: SPOKANE WASHINGTON SHOOT! 



Reading: I started reading "We are Water" by Wally Lamb.  He's one of my favorite authors, so I know I am going to like it.

Loving: In Kansas City, we are having a brief, mild stent of good weather.  I don't know how long it is going to last, because it is February, and well, the midwest, so it could be this way until May, or it could be a blizzard next week.  You never know, so that is why I am going to enjoy it while it's here

No comments:

Post a Comment