Modern Fairytale Series: Max and Eanna



*Sometimes it is so easy to get wrapped up in what is wrong with the world, that we forget to celebrate the love and goodness that is in our lives.  I wanted to do an interview series about modern relationships and their dynamics.  What do you celebrate about your relationship? What keeps you and your partner together? Let's hear it and remember that even with all that is wrong with the outside world, sometimes the best spot is in the arms of your cherished partner!
xoxo Katty Delux




Name(s):
Max & Eanna

Age(s):
33 (M) 31 (E)

How long have you been together:
Officially about to hit our 3 yr anniversary!

Are you married, engaged, dating, domestic partnership: 
As close as you can get to married  without the papers.

How long have you known each other:
We met in Spring 2009 (so almost 6 years! ) when I first moved to Pittsburgh from KC. He was working part time at that point at the Halloween mask manufacturer that changed my life. I was married at the time and had a 2 year old son. I was scared and exhilarated by the prospect of my new career making everyday Halloween!  





How long were you together before you took the next step in your relationship: (not necessarily marriage, ex: how long were you friends before you started dating? how long were you engaged before marriage?)
So we were good friends for about 2 years before things changed.  Because of our circumstances, we went from 0 to 100 in about 12 months. As I mentioned, I came to Pittsburgh married, but in less than 2 years, my husband became a stranger and left me and my son with 3 days to figure life out! Max, and another coworker dropped their lives and moved in with my son and I to help cover expenses since I became a single parent almost overnight! Our friendship was strong, but being together at work all day, than at home all night, the romance developed quickly easily and organically!

What initially attracted you to your partner?
We shared SO many interests! Halloween, horror movies, spfx, tea, magic, reading, and dinosaurs! It was like we were cut from the same cloth even though I'm from the Midwest and he is from New York! We are both the youngest of 3 children. Each family has 2 boys and 1 girl. Both of our parents have been married to each other for over 40 years AND have used the same brand of natural health products for over 30 years!!!!what are the odds of that!!!






What is your favorite thing/attribute about your partner?
Too many to list! He is kind, handsome,thoughtful, passionate  romantic,sincere, trustworthy, noble,  chivalrous , brave,humble  generous,  and reliable!  Not to mention  he is a brilliant  writer and he showers me with love notes! For the first time in my life I feel like I have been seen for what I truely am, and loved deeply for it!

Do you live together, if so how long?  Do you have children and/or pets together?
So we have lived  together  for  a little over 3 years, and we bought a beautiful 100 year old house 2 Christmases ago! To the relationship,  I bring Finnigan Cutty is my 8 year old boy who Max treats as his own. He stepped up when my ex stepped out, and my life is more beautiful  every day because of it! Max brought Ralphus T Wormwood,  the sweetest  laziest handsomest 12 year old mut in the land!

What is your secret to a successful relationship?
Mad love, passion, and honesty! It may sound cliche, but he inspires me to be better in everyway! He loves me so completely I never wonder how he feels. He tells me he loves me about 100 times a day (and has since the beginning )  So many of my past troubles were routed in self doubt and self critiques.  He told me he loves all of me, scars and all, but that i need to trust him and his love and not to test it. He makes me believe by his actions as much as his words. He is a gem and i will never let him go!

What is your parting advice that you would like to leave for other couples?
Be honest  with yourself  about what you really want out if a relationship.  DONT SETTLE!!! Don't  get married or have babies thinking it will bring back or will create passion or honest love. IT WONT! To be any good in a relationship,  you must first be able to love yourself. It is not fair to ask another person to fill your soul. Fill and Fulfill  yourself and the rest will be cake. Games are for middle school, leave them for game night, or the bedroom ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment