Currently



Doing:  For the moment, it is all about really getting together with my friends.  I am highly involved on social media, which is a good and bad thing, all rolled into one.  It is so easy for me to "feel" like I have spent time with people by commenting on their IG posts, or posting something on their FB timeline, when in reality I haven't seen them in a long time.  So the past couple of days I have got together with some pals and really just talked to them, enjoyed their actual company, and I have to say I have really missed that human connection.

Thinking about: I have decided to develop a more concrete plan of how to say no.  No to things I don't want to do, no to things that I don't have time for, and no to overcommitting myself.  The ability to say no to people is something that is really hard for me.  I want to say yes to everything, and then I find myself burnt out, tired, and with little time to do the things that I actually want to do.  I am turning over a new leaf people.  We will see how it goes!  I have purchased an actual paper planner and am blocking off time.  I have been using it for about a week, and so far so good.

Watching: Well, I watched the premiere of American Horror Story: Freak Show.  I was a little disappointed.  I think I was expecting the first episode to really, really wow me, and I just wasn't.  I am going to keep watching and hopefully the story will pick up.  A friend of mine pointed out, that he thinks the first show really was made to people who aren't a fan of the show already.  This makes sense, because if you are a fan, you would already know some of the character arcs.  Which, in that case, if you didn't follow you would have been, perhaps, shocked when they showed the two headed lady, etc.  

I am, however, super excited for The Walking Dead.  Like, I cannot wait.
Looking forward to: I have tickets to see Nosferatu at the Kansas City Performing Arts Center.  It will be accompanied by the KC Symphony.  This should be really amazing.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment