Hair Stylist, Barber & Makeup Artist
Age of first tattoo:
Artist/shop/location of your favorite tattoo:
Don & Debra Yarian
Eagle River Tattoo in Eagle River, AK
1) Is there any special story to why you chose your favorite tattoo?
Having to choose an absolute favorite is a tough one.. I would probably have to go with my portrait of my dad and I. He's the most important person in the world to me and it's an honor to wear him on my skin.
2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?
I have a total of 221 hours of work on me. Arms, neck, chest, throat, fingers, thighs, feet, calfs all over. Eventually I will have everything but face and stomach. I have traditional, Japanese, portraits, grayscale and color pieces.
3) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?
My dad is always concerned about people prejudging me but he's know since I was a child and constantly drawing on myself it was bound to happen. He knew it was in the cards and he's extremely supportive of me.
4)What's the most interesting experience you've ever had in regards to your tattoos?
Oh god.. Love it when people try and lift my skirt to look at my thigh pieces. I don't wear underwear.. Do not do it!
5) What is your least favorite part of being tattooed? Do you have any stories/advice to people who are not tattooed?
Just the ignorance and judgement of people in general. I moved to Colorado January 2013 and finding a salon to work in has been miserable due to my neck and throat being tattooed. I'm also not allowed in many restaurants and bars.
6)What is the best tattoo after care advice you have received?
It's all about the first wash. You get that done correctly and you're golden!
7)What style of tattooing do you prefer? Are you more of a black & gray collector or is bright bold traditional more your speed?
Depends on the piece itself. I have both color and grayscale pieces.
8) Do you have any “cover ups”? If you do, why did your get it covered?
Absolutely not. I don't get anything tattooed on my flesh if it's not sticking around.
9) Do you have any other body modifications?
Just the ink. I did the whole piercing thing when I was younger. Too many got torn out.