Tattoo Tuesday: Casey Catastrophe






 Name or Alias: Casey Catastrophe
Occupation: Model
Age of first tattoo: 15
Artist/shop/location of your favorite tattoo: Bleeding Heart Tattoo

1) Is there any special story to why you chose your favorite tattoo?
  Yes,I have a traditional style Vulture on my right forearm. One day I was driving in 100 degree heat, and this vulture fell from the sky due to heat stroke. I pulled over and tried to give him some water, and then a cop car pulled over. He loaded the bird into his cruiser and followed me back to my house, so we could hose down the poor vulture. Unfortunately, the bird died. But it was one crazy afternoon. So my tattoo is sort of a commemorative one.

2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where? I have quite a few, lol. My right sleeve contains a vulture, a rose, a possum, a pumpkin, a broomstick, a mouse with an apple, and a cat holding a fan. I have 2 cows, a chicken, a pig, and the word "compassion" tattooed on my stomach, because I stopped eating meat when I was 15. My chest has 2 squirrels kissing and triskeles on either side. But I really just have too many to list off. 


 3) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? 
     Tattoos have been a huge part of my life, in good ways and bad. After I got my third tattoo, my father threatened to kick me out of our house. My family doesn't approve of my tattoos and it's made things really tough. To them, people who have tattoos are within the lower rungs of society, the criminals, punks, druggies and dirtbags. My friends love them of course! Most of my friends are tattooed as well.  Outside of my family I haven't run into any issues really. Most of the time, it's people stopping to ask me questions. Which I don't mind, but sometimes I just want to shout "leave me alone, I'm busy!!" lol.

4)What's the most interesting experience you've ever had in regards to your tattoos? 
       Traveling in other countries is always really interesting. Especially Mexico. My husband and I were recently in Cozumel, and so many people were just mesmerized by us! It was really interesting. They clearly hadn't seen many heavily tattooed/modified people before. 







5) What is your least favorite part of being tattooed? Do you have any stories/advice to people who are not tattooed? 
           People who want to tell you about theirs, or the ones they plan on getting. No offense, but most of the time I don't want to hear about it. Like standing in line at Starbucks, some stranger will just start telling me about what their tattoo means. Or people who assume that I'm a tattoo artist and want a price quote, which happens ALL the time. I guess my advice would be this, approach a tattooed person the same way you would a normal person, with respect. Realize that you are asking a total stranger to take time out of their day to answer your questions.
       
 6)What is the best tattoo after care advice you have received?
          Wrapping your tattoo in saran wrap over night has been the best healing method I've ever tried. I think it's called a "wet heal". Normally a tattoo will get dry, start to flake and sometimes scab as it heals. But if you wrap it over night, it stays moist, usually resulting in little to no scabs forming and pulling ink out of your new tattoo.

7)What style of tattooing do you prefer? Are you more of a black & gray collector or is bright bold traditional more your speed? 

   Color, color, color! I love having colorful skin! lol. My favorite style of tattooing is illustrative. A mixture of thick and thin lines, and vibrant colors, like you would see in a storybook illustration.

8) Do you have any “cover ups”? If you do, why did your get it covered?
         Not yet! But I am planning on getting one. I have 3 runes on my shoulder. They don't really mean anything to me anymore, and I am constantly asked what they are and what they represent.

 9) Do you have any other body modifications?
           I have my ears stretched to about 5/8 of an inch and hopefully one day I'll make it to an inch. I also have my cheeks pierced, as well as my septum and both my nostrils. 





Image 1:  AlexaM Photography 
Image 2: Javier Padilla Photography 
Image 3: No Regrets Photography 
Image 4: Sophia D Photography 
Image 5: Chris Dorsey 
Image 6: Raw Emotion by Tiffany Buckley 

No comments:

Post a Comment