Do you ever find yourself coveting big, high fashion heels, but think to yourself, "I cannot walk in those."? The thing is, you can, and for once in your life (or more) you should!
A great pair of heels can help elongate your legs and make a good ensemble, a great one. Here are some tips to getting your up in the big girl leagues.
- Start with a small kitten heel or small wedge. Once you get comfortable in a smaller heel height, it is easier to graduate to 4 inch heels.
- The best place to practice walking in your small heels, in your own house. Carpet is one of the hardest surfaces to walk on in heels, so if you can master that, you are already ahead of the game.
- Don't expect your feet to love their new found height right away. In doing this don't plan on wearing your heels for hours upon hours at a time. Try wearing your shoes for a few hours at a time, until your feet and legs start to adjust to the incline.
- Slowly introduce new heights in. Also, if you find heels that have a small platform at the toe, it makes the transition to bigger heels easier. (A four inch heels with a two inch platform, really will only feel like 2 inch heels)
- Wedges make learning to walk in four or five inch heights so much easier than a stiletto pump.
I hope you find these tips helpful, and slowly start to venture into a higher territory. Just remember that there is a time and place for stiletto heels, and that doesn't mean everywhere.