Tattoo Tuesday






Name or Alias: Casey Cooksey
Age: 29
Occupation: Retail Clerk (Flow Team at Target)
Age of first tattoo: 19
Favorite tattoo: Mermaid
Featured tattoo/location: Mermaid with ship on right arm
Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: Jeremiah Beshears (was at Federal Tattoo in Sunnyvale, CA, but moved to Locally Famous in Spring,Texas)


about your featured tattoo- is there a background story about why you chose it, or maybe a special meaning?  
I've always loved mermaids and pirate ships, so i really wanted to have a mermaid scene on my arm. She's sad because her love is leaving on a ship.

2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where? 
Yes, I have a forest scene of American Mcgee's Alice and chesire cat on my left arm, American Mcgee's white rabbit on my left leg, Bela Lugosi as Dracula on my right calf, and my first tattoo (flash art from a book) on my right shoulder.

3) Do you plan on getting more?
I would love to get more when I have the money to do so. I still need to finish up my monster leg! (Frankenstein's monster and bride of frankenstein)

4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

My father's side of the family is tattooed, my mother's side is not. They are the ones that usually deem it inappropriate to have them. (Both of my parents have tattoos). My brother and I are seen as the black sheep of my mother's side of the family because we appear "rough" or alternative compared to them.

5)What's the most interesting experience you've ever had in regards to your tattoos?
My most interesting experience would be that I've opened some people's minds about the tattoo world just by showing my tattoos to them. To them, it seems less daunting because they see that I have tattoos. They realize that "nice girls" or "good girls" can have tattoos as well.

6) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet? 
I would say to think long and hard about what you want. Don't get something on a whim that you won't be happy with later. I did that for my first tattoo and kind of wish i'd saved the space for something else. I thought about my first BIG tattoo for a year before i got it (the American Mcgee's Alice scene). Also, If you have a job that doesn't allow you to show tattoos, get it in a place you can hide it. 

7) What is your least favorite part of being tattooed? Do you have any stories/advice to people who are not tattooed?
When i was on my 4th or 5th session of one of my arm tattoos, my body couldn't take it anymore. My nerves were shot. Tattoos that take a long time are a pain :).
My advice to people who are not tattooed yet: don't get a big tattoo for your first tattoo. Try something smaller until you know how you feel when you get tattooed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment