Nearly Famous Pinup Wednesday ~ Sophie Sassafras



Sophie Sassafras // Facebook // Instagram


Age:
28

Occupation: All Around Retro Gal for Hire

Where are you from:
Originally the Upper Peninsula of Michigan where I grew up on a beef cattle farm. Today, I reside in Kansas City, MO and LOVE it!  Go Royals!

Favorite photographer to work with:
Rachel-Evil

Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s)

Window/perfume: 
Photography: Rachel-Evil
Makeup: BellaDonna's Cupboard 
Hair: Sophie Sassafras 

Classic Pinup: 
Photography: Tom Krekow 
Hair & Makeup: Sophie Sassafras 

Barn: 
Hair & Makeup: Ruby Von Blush 
Photography: The Artisan 




How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?
I have always had a passion for photography, but my passion started behind the camera. I was often known as the family photographer.  I even went to college for photography. My love  to be on the other side of the lens started in my early 20s.
 



Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?
One of my biggest inspirations was not a pinup, but a Russian-born American singer, comedian, actress, and radio personality, Sophie Tucker. Known for her stentorian delivery of comical and risqué songs. She was known as “The Last Red Hot Mama's”.  How could she not be an inspiration!   

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?

If you could shoot with any photographer, past or present, who would it be?
What is your favorite color and why?
Any shade of green.  Green goes great with Redheads!
If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead who would it be?
Sophie Tucker.

How did you get your model name? I’ve just always been sassy.



What is your favorite city to visit and why?
Traverse City, Michigan.  It’s Ella’s (my dog) favorite place to camp & swim.
Do you have a favorite song or artist?
This question is just too tough for me to answer.  Here is my answer to any question music related… I feel that EVERY genre of music has at least a handful of AMAZING songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment