Tattoo Tuesday





Name or Alias: June Storm
Age: 34
Occupation: Health care Professional/Entrepreneur 
Age of first tattoo: 19 
Favorite tattoo: Chest piece
Featured tattoo/location: 
Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: Keith Bezanson-Craving Ink

about your featured tattoo- is there a background story about why you chose it, or maybe a special meaning? 
My belief has always been that one should truly think about a tattoo and meticulously plan it out before having one applied to their skin.  I began my history with tattoo's when I was only 19, and from there I continued my love affair with ink.  I started out with a tribal band on my arm, which I later added roses to in a half sleeve.  After the births of my children, I commemorated them with tattoos as well. I even got a tattoo which I share with my partner, he has one half and I have the other. But my most favorite tattoo's thus far would have to be my chest piece and my Gypsy.
My chest piece I got in memory of my Nanny, whom was and still is extremely special to me.  After an automobile accident and suffering some complications from it months later she passed unexpectedly.  She taught me so much through our time spent together.  And in memory of her I had some roses and a phrase tattooed across my chest : "Live the life you love, Love the life you live"  she loved life, every moment of it and she never took anything or anyone for granted.  I know she watches over me and is proud of all my accomplishments since she left this plain, and I cannot wait to be able to wrap my arms around her once more and give her the most enormous hug ever!
My Gypsy head is my most recent tattoo which I got as a symbol of my final transition/move into my own home, as I have recently purchased my first home.  Before this I was a "gypsy" per say, moving around a lot from place to place for many reasons, but mostly because I was just trying to find my place in the world.

2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where? 
I have a total of 13 and will be adding to my growing collection as of December 8.
I have my youngest daughters name on my left foot, a butterfly on my right ankle, gypsy head on my right thigh, celtic art and lily on my right side, fairy on my lower back, my other two daughter's and my son's name on my upper back, three stars behind my left ear, half sleeve of roses, cherry's and a quote on my right wrist, chest piece and one word on each hand. 
3) Do you plan on getting more?
I will be getting a really amazing Zombie pin up on my left thigh next, done by a phenominal tattoo artist named Malibu Budd.  I am so excited to get this one, as it will commemorate my life since breaking into the world of pin up, and becoming Editor-In Chief of my publication Lush Kittens PinUp Magazine.  There have been so many up's and downs, tons of sleepless nights, and days where I feel like a walking zombie due to dedicating my time and efforts to something I love and want to be successful. It's all been worth it, and although I might feel like a zombie, being a pinup is something I wouldn't change for the world, I LOVE it!

4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? 
I have experienced both ends of the spectrum having my tattoo's.  My parents were not at all impressed with my first tattoo, but over the years they have come to accept that they are a part of me but  do not define me as a person.  In public, I do notice a lot of people staring, making strange faces or even pointing at me.  I do not let this bother me, as I have developed a pretty thick skin to ignorant people.  Sometimes I will even invite them to come look closer and ask questions about them, so as not to be offended by them. I especially hate when it's parents of young children who are teaching their kids to be discriminatory against people with ink....it actually really pisses me off.  I have raised my children to not be discriminatory or judgemental.  Just because someone has tattoo's, does not make them any less of a person, irresponsible, unapproachable or less intelligent.  There are doctors, nurses, scientists, brain surgeons, teachers, and people from all walks of life with tattoo's and generally, each person has a story behind their art, some significant meaning or a memory/moment attached to it.  In today's society body modifications are so evident all around us, it's really time that people started to change their opinions about tattoos to come to terms with the changing times.

5)What's the most interesting experience you've ever had in regards to your tattoos? 
I have to say that the most interesting experience thus far has been when my youngest daughter was only 3.  It was an evening when we were settling down on the couch before bed time, and she turned to me and said "Momma, me colour you pretty?"
I looked at her funny and asked her to say it again. She did, and I laughed and said "ya, ok".  To my surprise she went to the drawer to grab some markers, then proceeded to colour my arms and legs in ink, and told me I looked pretty with more pictures!

6) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?
My advice is that when someone is planning a tattoo, you should always think it through.  Don't be spontaneous, or pick something silly you might regret years later.  Really plan it out and always be sure it has some significant meaning.  Do your research on artists and their shops.  Do your research on how to properly take care of your tattoo and be absolutely certain of placement on your body.  Be prepared for criticism from others, as you will likely experience some at some time or another, and finally, print out a photo of what you are planning to get and place it somewhere where you will see it constantly about a month or two prior to your session. If you get sick of seeing it or feel it's just not right, then you can avoid the regret later by stopping the tattoo before it happens. 
7) What is your least favorite part of being tattooed? Do you have any stories/advice to people who are not tattooed?

My least favorite part of getting a tattoo, isn't actually the tattooing process it is in fact the after math.  Healing.   I hate the healing process, when your tattoo is scabbed up and extremely itchy. It has got to be the worst feeling ever, not to mention it's really not attractive at all to walk around with a flakey piece of art on your body lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment