Nearly Famous Pinup Wednesday ~ Anidea





Name // Anidea
blog name//website:


Age: 30

Occupation: Life. I also teach English when I’m not too busy doing life.

Where are you from:
Originally from the most awesome city in the entire world Cape Town in South Africa. I am currently based in Luanda, Angola and travel between RSA (South Africa) and Angola.

Favorite photographer to work with: Hannes Erasmus

Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s)
1.     Photographer Alistar, Durbanville, CPT, RSA
2.     Photographer Antonio Serra, Tamboerskloof, CPT, RSA
3.     Photographer Massalo Araujo, Luanda- Angola
4.     Photographer Claire Thomson, Cape Town CBD RSA
5.     Photographer Dion Tromp, Constantia CPT, RSA

How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?
I’ve only been doing it for a year, I started in Sept 2012 and try to get on to projects that are different to the “norm”.

Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?
I’m a huge Dolly Parton and Grace Jone fan, but in modern times I’m quite the fan of Lola Monroe, Nicolette Flanagan, Sabina Kelly (of course) and Angelique Noire. I don’t have any African/ local favorites as there aren’t any that’s why I look to foreign models for inspiration.




What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?
I don’t have any specific brand or designer in mind, but anything off-key with unexpected twists like Ana Sousa. I always enjoy Dumond as well as Naughty Monkey’s collections. I mostly shop at second hand stores like 2nd Time Around in Sea Point, CPT in South Africa.

If you could shoot with any photographer, past or present, who would it be?
I don’t have much of a list. There are tonnes of photographers I would like to work with in Africa, but here the industry is pretty mainstream and not really a market for tattooed brown girls doing alternative. But I’m positive artist visions will grow.

What is your favorite color and why?
Pink.I’m not sure why, but every shade of the colour always catches my eye, but Ive restricted my adoration for the colour to only purchasing it in the nail polish form.

If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead who would it be?
Freddy Mercury. Both Fela and Femi Kuti. And Grace Jones, of course.

How did you get your model name?
I was chilling on Skype with a good friend and we were laughing and giggling about all the nonsense I commit myself to, in the name of art, and with every point he made about the modelling possibilities, social taboo barriers to break etc, I kept on saying “That sounds like an idea bru!” and “That’s an idea to consider”. When we came to naming the fictional character I said: “I’ll think of a few ideas for an idea of all these ideas”. I called him the following day and said that it should just be named “Anidea” because Anidea is the idea that all forms of modelling is possible and new ideas can erase the damning perception of Africa. We’re actually quite urban here. Well… most of the countries.


What is your favorite city to visit and why?
I’m a nomad. I enjoy all towns, villages and cities.

Do you have a favorite song or artist
Sublime- Santaria

and Jack Parow ft Francois Van Coke- Dans, Dans, Dans




No comments:

Post a Comment