Tattoo Tuesday




Name or Alias: Mallary/Miss Malloween
Age: 25
Occupation: Medical Receptionist
Age of first tattoo: 18

Favorite tattoo: My favrorite tattoo is my moon on my right hand.  One of my best friends bought it for me for my birthday this year and it means a great deal to me.  I am obsessed with the moon, it reminds me that the people I love are looking at the same moon as me and it keeps us together.  My best friend passed when I was in highschool and we had an inside joke/story about the moon.  This is my favorite tattoo and it is my smallest one on my body.

Featured tattoo/location: The tattoos pictured are by the wonderful Steve Janowski from in Victoria, TX and the great Jett Radford of Houston, TX.
Artist/shop/­location of feature tattoo:  Primal Ink, Victoria, TX & Jett inks out of his home.  Super clean, very professional.

Please tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story about why you chose it, or maybe a special meaning? There are two featured on my arm-the moth on my lower right arm was my own design.  I came up with it and the quote during a transformation period in my life.  I wanted something to keep myself motivated and focused on my goals and dreams.  As for my upper right arm, I love the band Mastodon and had a friend pass away short after their new album, The Hunter, came out.  It spoke to me and I had to have the song title "Creature Lives" on my body.  I was living in Victoria, TX at the time, and the tattoo artist (Steve Janowski) I chose listenend to my reasoning and said it was funny because he used to open for Mastodon at one point in time.  Funny how that works out :)  As for the spiderwebs and peacock feathers, I love all things Halloween and all things beautiful/creative.  I really wanted it to portray my personality.  



2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?  Yes, a friend and I have matching hip tattoos that say "Free Spirit" and I have another on my right hip that says "My Heart Still Beats".  I also have the count tattood on my right foot for my father.  He laughs just like the count.  I am looking into what I should get to honor my Mother.

3) Do you plan on getting more?  I do, but more than likely my feet.  I LOVE foot tattoos.  So awesome.

4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? I have heard both good and bad, but I know my family and true friends love me with all their heart, no matter what is on my body.

5) 
What's the most interesting experience you've ever had in regards to your tattoos? I went to one of my best friends Grandparents retirement home 4th of July party, and received so many compliments from the little old ladies at our table.  One of them told me she watches LA Ink and said it is too cool.  She said if she were younger she would get a tattoo.  A lot of older women stop my awesome fiance & I to compliment our work.  He receives so many compliments on his and it is adorable that the majority of his compliments come from old women.  This has nothing to do with his good looks, I am sure.  Haha!


6) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet? The best advice I can give to you is to make sure it is exactly what you want, that you are doing it for no one but yourself, and that you do not act on impulse when getting ANY tattoo.  Think it through!


7) What is your least favorite part of being tattooed? My least favorite part is that you are sometimes instantly judged by others.  I go through life with an open mind and an open heart, I do not like judging others by appearance.  When I first saw my fiance, his tattoos really drew me in.  It was like a story waiting to be told.  I was intrigued, I wanted to know all about them, why he had them, who from, etc.  As for me (and as I said eariler) I have received both good and bad remarks on my ink.  However, out of both, I have more good than bad.   Your body is a temple, but your body is also a beautiful blank art canvas.  Respect your body, love your body, tattoos are a release of creativity for both the artist and the customer.  For some, tattoos are a reminder of loved ones they've lost, happiness they want to hold on to, etc.  Self expression is a beautiful thing.  Respect your body, love yourself, you only live once.

Do you have any stories/advice to people who are not tattooed?  My advice is to not judge so quickly.  I dislike that people are judged based on tattoos...I have worked in the medical field for almost 2 years.  I have worked with disabled patients, psychiatric patients, I have also worked as an Ophthalmic Technician doing diagnostic testing on patients macula and retina for disease.  I am now a medical receptionist and going back to school to be an elementary teacher.  Never judge a book by its cover, you never know what lies within the pages.  May be the best novel you've ever read.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment