Nearly Famous Pinup Wednesday (Bestie Edition) ~ Devyn Beth






Devyn Beth // Website // Facebook // twitter/instagram @devynbeth

age:
Older than you think but not #TDO


Occupation: Aspiring starlet and seller of vintage/pin-up/rockabilly things, mommy of two, wife of 1


Where are you from: Kansas City (Kansas) I love being a Kansas Girl!

Favorite photographer to work with: Daicy//Figueiredo -- it is a collaboration of the two most fabulous and fun men I have ever met, they are dear friends and I just love them! Pin-up is not their specialization at all, but they can take a kick-ass photo no matter what the genre. The photographer Adam, even interned with America's Next Top Model!  I also really love Foxy Pinups with Hilary Hope.  Hilary is the sweetest lady in the world and she really knows her pinup stuff! Also I have to mention Charlie Girl!  She is such a hilarious and gorgeous lady-- oh and she KNOWS how to take an impeccably sexy photo whether she is in front or behind the camera.


Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s)
yellow baby doll photo-- Paper Moon Photography by Charlie Girl  MUAH Charlie Girl/ Nikki Moreno-Whipple
Tiki Bar photo- Paper Moon Photography by Charlie Girl  MUAH Charlie Girl/ Nikki Moreno-Whipple
Country Girl photo--  Daicy//Figueiredo  photography MUAH by myself
Mug Shot--  Dynamite Dames photography  MUAH The Candy Shop/ Vintage Flair
Christmas Photo- Foxy Pinups MUAH Amanda Adams corset by Monkey Wrench Clothing
How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?
 I started modeling for a local department store when I was 6!!  I went on a long hiatus after that (haha!)  I got into pinup in 2011


Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?  I am a majorly huge Doris Mayday fan.  I saw some photos of her back in 2010 that really inspired me to not hate my curvaceous (big hipped) body.  I realized that an hourglass is a pretty hot body type and that I should flaunt it!  Oh and Katty Delux (author of this here blog)  because she's my bestie and we are like two witches with one wand.. (powerful on our own... but BAM!!!--when we're together)


What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?  I am obsessed I mean.. OBSESSED.. with Pinup Girl Clothing and all of their house brands.  I feel like PUG can do no wrong.  I love that the make dresses that look beautiful on any sized woman, and its a company owned and ran by women!  I want all of their clothes in my closet, oh and their purses.






If you could shoot with any photographer, past or present, who would it be? Here's my short dream list:  Laura Byrnes, Vestige, Viva Van Story, Redrum Collaboration, Lori Anne Photography, Holly West Photography,  666 photography and Sherbet Birdie....  okay I guess its not that short of a list!


What is your favorite color and why? Pink... I am a girly girl through and through so naturally, I am drawn to the color.  I have a ridiculous amount of pink dresses and I have to  put my self on a pink-dress buying ban! I need some other colors in my wardrobe!


If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead who would it be? I think it would be fun to have dinner with the teen-aged versions of my grandparents!  They always share the funniest stories of their younger selves I would love to meet them at those ages!!  Plus it would involve time travel to the 50s!!  And what rockabilly/pin-up/vintage lovin' gal wouldn't want to time travel to the 1950s???

How did you get your model name?  It's just my name, nothing fancy although my friends call me Dirty D because I sometimes have a potty mouth and find sexual innuendos in EVERYTHING.
What is your favorite city to visit and why?  I love Los Angeles! My husband is from SoCal so we visit L.A. often.  I feel like I really fit in there.. it is home to a HUGE population of rockabilly and vintage loving folk and it just feels like home when I am there!

Do you have a favorite song or artist? Butch Walker is my favorite artist!!! I have loved him since 1998 and I still love him.  He is alittle bit  of glam rock, alternative rock, blues, and a touch of rockabilly all wrapped up into one hot little package.  You may not have heard of him, but you should.. get to googling and download is his stuff form iTunes!  He is also a fantastic producer and has had his hand in many major hits and collaborations with bands and artists like Fall out Boy, Pink, Weezer and even Puffy!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment