Nearly Famous Pinup Wednesday ~ Valerie Voiture



Valerie Voiture // Facebook //

Age:  

39 (Thank you, years of sun block usage!!!!)

Occupation:

Graduate student

Where are you from:

Michigan, the Motor City state!

Favorite photographer to work with:
It would be impossible to name one, I love how they are all unique in their talents

Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s):  


Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?

They are from a variety of places an people I’ve had the good fortune to work with in the past few years.  They are my favorite mainly because one of the aspects of modeling and photography I appreciate the most is someone’s ability to make me look like my very best self.  Like Valerie 2.0!

How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography? 

I’ve only been modeling for the past 2 or 3 years.  I did do some locally when I was about 19 for bridal companies and adverts for hair salons, but didn’t get involved again until recently.

Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?

That’s tough.  I don’t think I could choose only one.  What inspires me most, though, is the manners and etiquette of the mid century.  Men wore hats, ladies left things to the imagination, no one had “juicy” written on their butts.  Things like that.

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?  

I love Queen of Hearts and Stop Staring dress, when I have some extra money.  But as far as aesthetics go, I love high end fashion.  The creativity of it all is wonderful!

If you could shoot with any photographer, past or present, who would it be?  

That’s a tough question. I’ve already shot with the ones that were on my “Dream List.”

What is your favorite color and why?  
Depends on my mood! I’m pretty versatile.  I will say I am hideous in yellow.  Please don’t make me show you.

If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead who would it be?

RuPaul! She is a huge inspiration to me.  She is a role model on how to love yourself, show kindness to each other, and be as fierce as possible all at the same time.  I respect how hard she’s worked to represent drag as a legitimate form of art.

How did you get your model name?

“Voiture” is actually French for “automobile.”  It’s pronounce “vwah CHUR” not “VOI tur.”   Being a mega grammar nerd I liked the alliteration to it but the name also reflects one of my main passions, which everyone knows, hot rods and lead sleds!  WOOT!


No comments:

Post a Comment