Nearly Famous Pinup Wednesday ~ Judy Kelly



Judy Kelly // Facebook // 

Age: 44

Occupation: Massage Therapist

Where are you from: I grew up La Grange ( a suburb of Chicago )  I still reside in the suburbs. 

Favorite photographer to work with: Oh gosh, there are so many.  But  I have shot twice with  Vavoom Pinups in Chicago and favor them for Holiday pinup. For a personal project my first choice would be Dan  Annelli of G & D Studios in Hanover Park , and most recently I had an awesome experience shooting with Switch Blade Betties.    

Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s)   Vavoom Pinups in Chicago , G & D Studios in Hanover Park, DJ Woodard Photography in Bolingbrook and Switchblade Betties

Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?
I had the opportunity to work with Calas Pinups here in Chicago, and  one of the photos quickly became a favorite "unthemed" session of mine because it is classic.Photography Michael Calas, MUAH: Michael Calas

The Holiday image was my first Pinup Session and means the most to me, I did the shoot with my bestie, Spunky, because my real passion is pit bull advocacy and I hope to change the perception of this misunderstood breed.  Vavoom Pinups Chicago, MUA: Julia Hamilton, Hair Sara Allott

The B & W photography was a personal project that I had wanted to do for quite some time. It was based on my personal collection and love of Vintage full slips and inspired by the films, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof & Butterfield 8.   G & D Studios (Dan)  MUAH: Megan Bach

I'm also a huge fan of Retro styled swimsuits, so a  local photographer and  I collaborated on some casual Modern poolside pinup with a retro twist.  DJ Woodard Photography MUAH: Angela Hall

Most recently, I wanted to try a  new style of pinup (for me)  Tiki.  And coincidentally Switch Blade Betties was traveling to Chicago.
Switch Blade Betties , MUAH: Liz Carrillo
How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?
I am certainly not a model, just a fan of retro styled photography.  I did my first session in 2010, to benefit a pitbull advocacy group. 


Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?
Although I admire many of the great pin-ups from the past, I try not to model myself after anyone in particular. I may borrow a wardrobe idea or theme from those classic beauties, but when it comes down to it, I can really only be myself.  After all there can only be one Bettie, and one Marilyn. What made them so special is that they created those persona's. To create oneself and be really spectacular at it, how wonderful is that?  It's been said, "It's better to be a first rate version of yourself, than a second rate version of someone else" : )


What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?  For pinup styled clothes I favor Golightly dresses, Stop Staring and Bernie Dexter.  Rago for undergarments and Esther Williams for swimwear.  

If you could shoot with any photographer, past or present, who would it be? Gianni Bozzacchi

What is your favorite color and why?  Silver, for its sparkle, and my love of platinum gold. 

If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead who would it be? John Dillinger at the The Norwood Pines Supper Club in Northern Wisconsin. 



How did you get your model name?  Quite simple, it is my first and middle name.  I don't use a stage name.  After all, I'm not famous enough !




No comments:

Post a Comment