June has been hot, hot, oh and hot! I can't believe June blew by so fast, and now we are in the midst of summer. I can't wait to see how the next month shapes up!
- Featured in the upcoming issue of Atomic Bombshells Magazine, as writer and model!
-Got a new PUPPY!!! What a good day!
-Sky High vs. Grounded Daily Candy Outfit Posts.
-KC Blogger Event at Off Saks 5th Ave. Super fun
-Had a sweet giveaway with Posh Products, Retro Vixen, Michael Kors, and a sweet Ice Cream Pop Maker and a couple other fun things! Can't wait to see what July holds for giveaways!
-Was featured on the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty Billboard in NYC Times Square.
June Catch up with NY Resolutions
The items crossed off have been finished! * means it is in progress. I still have a ways to go, but I still have a full 6-7 months to finish it. I just like to see how far I have come. Have you met some of your goals? I can't wait to see what my DIY Memory Jar has in store December 31st?
- Read 12 books *
- Visit one new state that I have never been.
- Save $100 per month for a rainy day fund *
Lose 10 lbs, and keep it off Continue sustainable living (i.e. organic, non wasteful) Dine out 2-4 times per month
- No TV past 8 pm
- Commit to walking my dogs 4 times per week
Take yoga class
- Teach one DIY class per month (in person, or via blog) *
Update my blog layout Reset/Restyle my closet
- Host a swap party with friends
- Schedule one girls night monthly/bi-monthly
Cut my coffee habit in half. (1-2 purchased lattes per week)
- Learn a new skill (crocheting, knitting, cake decorating etc)
- Refinish Laundry Room
- Tile Kitchen and Dining Room
- Start a compost pile
Grow a pumpkin patch
- Handmade/Homemade Christmas 2012
- Get published in a Tattoo Magazine *
- Finish right arm sleeve
Celebrate my 10th wedding anniversary! Not freak out about my 30th birthday.
- Finish planning Ireland trip
Attend a Blogging Conference
- Compile more outfit posts *
- Find five new bands to enjoy *
- Volunteer for Dentistry from the Heart/Dr's without borders
Start a memory jar.
- Visit the Caribbean
- Perfect Photography skills *
- Watch every Marilyn Monroe Film *
- Try one new food per month
- Rediscover veganism for a month
Adopt a third puppy! Write at least one letter per month
- Participate in a food drive
- Have new professional photos of Mr. Elliott and I
Order updated photos of friends and family to display
- Have professional photos of my family taken
- Make homemade ice cream
- Support local business better! *
- Purchase new luggage
Practice Safe Sun EVERYDAY!
- Bake a cake, once a month, from scratch
- Help Mr. Elliott finish truck project
- Install an attic fan in our house
- Plan weekend trips one per season.
Set up a "shop my closet" or online store Vintage shop and document it!
June Sponsor Highlights
Here are just a few sweet discounts/coupons to use from our June Sponsors! Remember to keep shopping local and/or handmade!