Nearly Famous Pinup Wednesday ~ Ella Ardour


  
 Ella Ardour // Facebook // Model Mayhem // Twitter //

Age: 35 (not really, but I didn't want to print my real age!)

Occupation: Librarian and ballet dancer

Where are you from: Dallas, Texas

Favorite photographer to work with: Oooh hard to say! Rather than choose a photographer, can I choose a MUA? I love Nicky Callahan, or Dynamite Nicky MUA. I do appreciate Amber Louthan for doing my very first shoots and being patient, persistent, and impressive! I love the energy and laughs that Jenice brought to our recent shoot at Gold Standard Bar. I don't know that I've done enough shoots to pick a very favorite yet :)

Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s)
1. 4(2) whiplash shot - Photographer Rueben Gonzales. Model/MUAH Ella Ardor. Location Art House at So7, Fort Worth, Texas
2. 202260 mask and tutu - Photographer Amber Louthan, MUAH Nicky Callahan, Location Chez Liz
3. 303180 yellow chair - Photographer Jenice Johnson, MUAH Vivienne Vermuth, Location The Gold Standard Bar (Fort Worth)
4. 325394 fetish boots - Photographer Amber Louthan, MUAH Nicky Callahan, Location Art House
5. 476655 red dress and TV Photographer Jenice Johnson, MUAH Vivienne Vermuth, Location Gold Standard Bar
   6. dsc7727 Black dress graffiti Photographer Jenice Johnson, MUAH Vivienne Vermuth,      


Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite? These photos were taken mostly last month at the Gold Standard Bar, which is a new dive bar concept that opened up in my town that makes fantastic whiskey drinks and old school cocktails. We persuaded the bar owner to let us in early on a Sunday morning, and worked for four hours to capture some amazing images. We played Otis Redding and Etta James songs and laughed until we almost cried. Those are the magical types of shoots that I love! Almost a surprise. The images by Amber Louthan were taken on my birthday this year as a treat to myself but ended up being the very first images in my portfolio. Rueben Gonzales is a friend who came out before the break of dawn to get some awesome shots against the sunrise. 
 

How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography? I've been enjoying the work of photographer friends for the last four years, I only started modeling this year as an exercise in creativity and body confidence. It is really fun and a lot of hard work! I love the soreness feeling the day after a shoot because I know I really put the work in. 

Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration? My favorite models from the past are Josephine Baker (more dancer than pinup but that inspires me!), Betty Grable, and Lana Turner. My favorite models of the moment are Dayne, J Michael Kent, Frostine Shake, Lauren Beth, and Miranda Kerr. My all time favorite model is Adriana Lima. I love that she's a boxer when she's not modeling bras!

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers? I am just now exploring lines and identifying my favorites - building my fashion consciousness so to speak. I am forever in love with the Angels collection at Victoria's Secret, I love lace and one of my first jobs was in their retail store. I also like Betsey Johnson cocktail dresses, but at work I tend to wear eclectic picks like Steve Madden (because I am a kid at heart) or Kenneth Cole (because I like to pretend to be a grown up). I am really piqued by the Pinup Girl clothing line - their dresses are amazing! I would love to get one and shoot in it! 

If you could shoot with any photographer, past or present, who would it be? For a serious shoot I would like to work with Annie Leibovitz (who wouldn't?) but for fun I am really intrigued by the work of Dave Engledow. I think it would be hilarious to set up a crazy "everything went wrong" shoot with him.



What is your favorite color and why? I love green, to me it signifies life, the universe, everything! All spectrums of green like mint and sage to hunter, emerald....it is so beautiful.

If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead who would it be? I would love to have dinner with Fred Astaire and hear his stories about vaudeville days with his sister before Ginger ever entered the picture.

How did you get your model name? Ella is for Ella Fitzgerald - everything embodied in her voice resonates with me about the Golden Era of music, movies, it's the best! Ardour Is a play on the title of the book "Ada, or Ardor: a Family Chronicle" by Vladimir Nabokov. It's the most challenging book I've never finished :)


3 comments:

  1. Thank you Katty! This is so cool xoxo Love, Ella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question... Why do women not want to print their age? Aren't women beautiful not matter what age they are?

    http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but I don't like printing my age either. I know it is sooo stupid of me that say/think/do, but I still just want to keep it my own. I am lame. I know.

      Delete