Nearly Famous Pinup Wednesday ~ Devyn Beth


Devyn Beth // Blog // Facebook // Esty

Age: 31 

Occupation: Real Housewife of Kansas City (sort of) I am a mom to two super cute kiddos, I also blogwww.mavynmom.blogspot.com, and try to sell my handmade wares on Etsy, http://www.etsy.com/shop/mavynmade, and I get to work part time at the most fab boutique in Kansas City, Retro Vixen.

Where are you from: Kansas City, but the Kansas side of town

Favorite photographer to work with: Vixen Pin Up Photography... they are goddesses of all things pin up

Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s)  The pink dress and blue swimsuit photos were taken by Vixen Pin-up Photography, Hair by Nikki Moreno-Whipple,  Makeup by Candypants Cunningham.  The beach pic was also taken by Vixen Pin-Up Photography with MUAH done by me.  The cupcake photo was taken by Paper Moon Photography by Charlie Girl with hair by Nikki Moreno-Whipple, and makeup by Charlie Girl.

Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?
The pink dress photo was from my very first photo shoot with Vixen Pin-up Photography.   The cupcake photo was taken by Paper Moon Photography by Charlie Girl,  I love that photo because everyone who knows me knows I am a cupcake addict.  The beach photo was a very quick snap shot taken by Vixen Pin-up Photography at a fun event at Retro Vixen, it turned out so cute that I decided to have it “finished.” The blue swimsuit picture is also from my first photo shoot, it’s pretty special because it is was published in the July 2012 issue of The Cat’s Meow magazine,  it was my first published photo and hopefully not the last.



How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?  Well, I dabbled in runway modeling at the age of 6 when I was chosen to model for a local Department Store Back to School fashion show... and then I went on like a 23 year hiatus!  My first PinUp photo shoot was in 2011, I’ve been obsessed with all things pinup for some time and my sweet husband purchased a photo shoot for me for Mother’s day… best gift ever.

Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?  I follow Monica Lewis, who was quite the pin up and starlet way back when, on facebook. She just celebrated her 90th birthday and is still as cute as ever, she always shares fascinating stories of her hay day as well as her everyday life. I just love her!  As far as modern pinups go, I have a major girl crush on Doris Mayday, and I am pretty fond of a certain platinum pinup from the Paris of the plains that goes by the name of Katty.


What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?  I drool over everything Pinup Couture produces, Voodoo Vixen always seems to fit me just right, Michael Kors and Betsey Johnson have always been my dream designers… but at heart I am a thrift store shopper, so usually I am just looking for a certain style of clothing and not so much a label.  In fact, that green and white dress in the beachy pic was a thrifty find and only $6.00!

If you could shoot with any photographer, past or present, who would it be? If I could go back in time , Andy Warhol would be the most epic of photographers/artists to work with.



What is your favorite color and why?  Pink!!! I am a very girly girl, and pink just makes me feel all the more girly.



If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead who would it be? The Dalai Lama  I remember seeing him on Oprah years ago, and it rocked my whole religious outlook.  He was most evidently the most holy person I’ve ever encountered (even if only on tv.)  I could almost visually see his goodness and purity radiating around him.  I would love the opportunity to sit and learn from him.



How did you get your model name?  Well my model name is just my name-- kind of boring I guess, but I feel weird naming myself.  I keep thinking that someday someone will just bestow the most fabulous of pinup names upon me-- kind of like a knighting ceremony only with big boobs, victory rolls, and red lipstick!



1 comment:

  1. So exciting to be "Nearly Famous" :) Thanks Kem!

    ReplyDelete