Nearly Famous Pinup Wednesday ~ Suzy Starliner



                                                          Suzy Starliner // Website //
Age: 25 

Occupation: I am a  stay at mom/house manager 

Where are you from: I was born and raised in Indianapolis, IN. I currently live in Portage, Michigan.

Favorite photographer to work with: Honestly, it is a tie between Sarah Hardcastle of Dynamite Dames and Autumn Luciano of the Decadence Dolls. They are both incredibly talented women. Plus, they both have hearts of gold. 

Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s) Autumn Luciano of the Decadence Dolls is the photographer and we were in Lansing, Michigan on Firefly Farms. 

Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite? These photos were taken back in May of this year. They are some of my favorites simply because when I look at them I see what defines me. I felt right so much at home on a farm, and this particular farm was very comforting. Plus, being around a variety of animals is always a joyous time for me. I am an animal lover to my core. So, it was a lot of fun getting to take these photos and include the animals. The posing to me was very natural and the entire feel of the set was relaxed. 

How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography? I started doing some amateur modeling when I was around sixteen years old. I had some friends who were a little older and in college going for photography. I was asked to do a few shoots. I thought it was a lot of but I really lack the confidence to go forward with it. I would model here and there for a close friend of mine, but nothing to serious. Since Feburary of this year, I really get into modeling. I finally found that confidence I needed to get in front of the camera and get into the art of it all. 

Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration? Bettie Page is one of my top favorite pin up models, she has always been an inspiration for me. She was the first pin up model I had ever seen. I was so impressed with her beauty. Brigitte Bardot, is also on my top list of favorites. She was such a pistol! She was a beautiful face but with a meaning. She really won me over with all she has done for animals rights. Last but not least, Dita Von Teese. She is such a beautiful women and so very talented. But really all pin up models, past or present, are an inspiration. Every girl is unique and I think looking up to and getting to know these girl, can help you grow as a model. 

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers? Right now I am very much in love with Heartbreaker Fashion's fall line. Wow, those colors and those styles. I really can't get enough! 

If you could shoot with any photographer, past or present, who would it be? Well, I know that Andy Warhol played with photography and so I would say him. All of the fun and colorful images he would create. I think that would be an experience anyone would cherish.

What is your favorite color and why? Blue is my favorite color. It's really for a few reasons, I think blue is a soothing color. It can give a room a calm effect. Too, I think blue is a good color on me. I find myself looking for blues all the time.

If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead who would it be? Marie Antoinette hands down. I find her life to be so interesting, it draws me in I really feel that this women was completely misunderstood. I would want to be the one to sit down and hear her story directly from her.


How did you get your model name? I was sitting down with my better half going on and on with all of these combination names. Finally, he suggested having Starliner for a last night since it is one of my favorite cars. I didn't want to use Galaxie, Ford Galaxies are also on my favorite list, but we own one and thought that might be too cheesy. I thought about it and Suzy just seemed right. I felt like it was my fit.

8 comments:

  1. I've actually had the pleasure of meeting and working with her! She's a doll and had a lot of great advice for a novice pinup like myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are great! I would have freaked out having a bird on my head.. but she got the shot fabulously! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one too! It is so freaking good!

      Delete
  3. These photos were taken at my farm. I can't say enough wonderful things about Autumn Luciano, Stephanie Strowbridge, and all the lovely pin-ups who came through to have photos taken. I can't wait to have them back here--it was one of the best days of my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how amazing and I am sure it was a super fun day!

      Delete
  4. Autumn totally captured every ounce of Ms. Starliner's personality in these shots! Suzy is a true gem!I am so lucky to have her a friend in the industry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I could hit it off with her. And I love her pinup name!

      Delete