Nearly Famous Pinup Wednesday ~ Ivory Doll





Ivory Doll// Twitter // Facebook
Age: 26
Occupation: Dog Trainer/Psychology Student 
Where are you from: Charlotte, NC (born and raised!!!!)
Favorite photographer to work with: Vixen Pin Up Photography/Brandywine Photography
Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s):  Vixen Pin Up Photgraphy and Brandywine Photography   (First and Second Photo: Brandywine Photgraphy MUAH: Brandywine Photography.  Third and Fourth Photo:  Vixen Pin Up Photography  Makeup: The Candy Shop, Hair: Vixen Pin Up Photography)
Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?   The older photos were taken in April of 2011, I love them because they really capture the old school feel of the 1940s glamour era...I also feel that they really show my efforts to capture some of Judy Garland's character!! (See below! :) )   The others were shot this year (2012) in June!   I love the Colorful background and the way Vixen uses their colors to make things pop!! Very exciting pieces!!! 
How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?  Only a year and a half and I love it.  I never knew that I could have this much fun in front of a camera.  I was always shy about how I looked and never had this kind of self esteem.  I feel that every woman should step foot in front of a camera at least once to let her inner goddess shine.  These pictures will last me a lifetime, I will be able to look back at them when I am a grandmother and show my children and grandchildren what I worked so hard for and enjoyed doing.  Women come in all different shapes, sizes and types of beauty, and I think that is very important to keep in mind when enjoying these photos.  
Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?  Dita Von Teese, Judy Garland,  and Marilyn Monroe.  I love that Dita has a darker side and does not have that cheesecake look about her.  She has a natural alluring beauty to her that draws everyone to her.  Her skin is flawless and it doesn't seem like she even has to move a muscle to take a good photo.  Her eyes speak volumes and tell stories with every shot I see of hers.  The fact that she is older and still modeling, only makes things better in my opinion.  Some of the other modeling industries can be a little age-restrictive so I love that she is still doing really well.  When taking shots, I really try to embody Judy's smile and character.  I love her energy and have really been inspired by everything that she does.  And Marilyn is just easy to look up to.  She is a classic beauty in every sense of the word.  
What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?  I absolutely love Bettie Page Clothing, Starlets and Harlots and Angry, Young and Poor!
If you could shoot with any photographer, past or present, who would it be? Varga! I would give anything to shoot with Varga!!!! 
What is your favorite color and why? Red is my favorite color!!!   It is so bright and cheerful and it is absolutely impossible to be upset or sad in the presence of the color red? Did I mention that my hair is red, too?
If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead who would it be?   I really feel like this should be an intelligent or clever answer but to be quite honest, I'd love to sit down and have dinner with Robert Downey Jr, is that so bad? :) 
How did you get your model name?  My mother and Grandmother were both porcelain doll collectors growing up.  I also get made fun of a lot for the pale skin so I thought Ivory Doll would be the perfect model name! 

No comments:

Post a Comment