A Very Vintage Holiday Countdown

5 weeks 'til Thanksgiving


As an extra special treat this week, my dear friend Amy, shared a family recipe with me, to share with you all! I hope you love it!  I am a sucker for family recipes, mostly because if they have been passed down generations, you know it has to be good!

1 bag cornbread stuffing mix (I usually use Pepperidge Farm and it should come out to about 3 cups)
1 c chopped onion
3/4 c chopped celery
2 1/2 t dried sage
1 1/2 t dried rosemary
1/2 t dried thyme
1 golden delicious apple, chopped 
3/4 c dried cranberries
1/3 c minced fresh parsley 
3/4 c vegetable stock
4 T butter, melted
1 can of beer

Put dried cranberries in a small pot and cover with water or orange juice (I prefer orange juice) and bring to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes until cranberries are soft and plump.

Cook onions over medium heat, until browned, add celery, sage, rosemary and thyme. Cook and stir, 2 minutes.

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until combined, place in an oven-proof dish, cover with foil and bake at 350. Time depends on how you like your stuffing. I like to bake it covered for awhile and then take off the foil and continue baking until the top is slightly crunchy.

"She (grandmother) likes to use a mix of wheat and white bread crumbs, but I like the cornbread. She also likes to use chicken stock and add 1 lb of sausage with the onions. I tweaked it to make it vegetarian friendly and added the cranberries because I think most anything is better with cranberries smile I also like to try and use fresh herbs if I can get them but the dried are usually easier to find and less expensive." Amy Ginnings Roberts.


12 weeks 'til Christmas



Who doesn't love the warmth of a scarf, especially if it is handcrafted?  I love scarves in the fall and winter time and it is a simply way to add color to a drab or boring winter coat!  

MesTroisSoeurs is a super cute etsy store I stumbled across and thought I would share it as a great place to order a handmade scarf for any cutie in your life!



Stay Sweet,

2 comments:

  1. Mmm that looks so yummy, something I'd want to eat all by myself lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a nut about stuffing! I love it! You and I could split a pan, how about that? :)

      Delete