Nearly Famous Pinup Wednesday!




Scarlet Iris // Facebook // Website


Age: 29

Occupation:
CEO & Owner of the Eco-focused company Naturebella Inc. (I am a treehugger!)

Where are you from:
I am originally from Trinidad (Caribbean), but I currently live in NYC.

Favorite photographer to work with:
I love each photographer that I have worked with for different reasons. Lorraine Murphy was the first pin up photographer that I worked with and she really embraced the essence of pin up modeling. Candace Candylust is rock star and our collaborations are always stellar! Susana Vestige and Michelle Wild both super talented and taught me a lot about posing and feeling comfortable in front of the camera.

Featured photo(s): (Attached)

Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s)

My “Tiger” & “Patriotic” themed photos were taken by Candace Candylust in Brooklyn, New York.
My “Red & Pink” themed photos were taken by Lorraine Murphy in Albany, New York.
My “Suite” themed photos were taken by Vestige Photography in NYC, New York.


Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?

For me, the photos represent my perfect balance of retro class with some modern day sex appeal. The “red & pink” themed photos were taken in 2011 and the “Tiger”, “Patriotic” and “Suite” themed photos were taken in 2012. Candace, Susana and Lorraine are all super talented female photographers who helped me bring out my inner vixen in all of the shoots. They are my favorite pics because the represent a range of different looks that I embraced and also showed my growth as a model.


How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?
While my first Pinup modeling shoot was in 2011, I did not “launch” my Pinup modeling career until January 2012. So far, the past 8 months have been an amazing ride and Pinup modeling has become more than just a hobby or bucket list item for me, I truly love what it represents and who I represent as a Pinup model. It gives me more confidence now as a curvy 29 year old woman, than when I was a rebellious commercial model at 18 years old. Currently, I am especially looking forward to my first magazine cover coming out in October for Victory Girls Magazine.




Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?

My inspiration to step out and be a modern day black Pinup model comes from past beauties that I admire, especially Lena Horne. Some of my favorite modern day Pinup model inspirations are Cherry Dollface and Micheline Pitt. I love their mix of creativity, edginess and retro beauty.


What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?

I love Pin Up Girl Clothing brands Deadly Dames and Pinup Couture. I also love Sourpuss, Hell Bunny, BGBG, Michael Kors, Rachel Roy and Betsey Johnson.

If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be?

Supreme Overlord of Pin Up Girl Clothing & photographer extraordinaire, Laura Byrnes.



Stay Sweet,
Kem

2 comments: