Daily Candy



So, we bought a juicer.  The Mr. and I went to ol' Hen House, our local grocery store, that has a stellar produce section, and loaded up for the week.  We decided that we would slowly work our way into "juicing", so breakfast is a big cup of juice.

I noticed that Monday, I have much more energy, and didn't even result to drinking coffee in the morning.  If you know me, you know that I ALWAYS drink coffee, so that is a big difference!  We will see what the rest of the week holds.


 Our first juice was  Strawberry-Pineapple-Mint and it was so delicious.  The juice recipes that we are using start you out on sweeter juice blends and then will ween you onto fruit vegetable blends and then towards heavily vegetable blends. 

Day 1: Strawberry-Pineapple-Mint Juice
1/2 large pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into cubes
1 cup strawberries
1 pear
30 mint leaves

*Adapted from Reboot Your Life.™

Day 2: Minty Berry Juice
2 cups blueberries
2 kiwifruits
16 strawberries
2 cups packed mint leaves
*Adapted from Reboot Your Life.™

Day 3: Blackberry-Kiwi Juice
1/4 large pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into cubes
1 cup blackberries
1 kiwifruit
1 pear
30 mint leaves
*Adapted from Reboot Your Life.™

Day 4: Pomegranate-Blueberry Juice
1 cup pomegranate seeds
2 cups blueberries
Sparkling water (pour into glass of finished juice)
*Adapted from Juicy Drinks, by Valerie Aikman-Smith.

Day 5: Carrot Pineapple Orange Juice
1 small orange, including rind, seeded and cut into pieces
1/8 small, ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into pieces
2 carrots, scrubbed clean and cut into pieces
Juice of 1/2 lemon (stirred in at end)
*Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Cookware Series, Juicer Cookbook, by Carol Gelles.

Day 6: Beet-Orange Juice
2 navel oranges
3 red beets
*Adapted from Juicy Drinks, by Valerie Aikman-Smith.

Day 7: ABCs Juice
1 Asian pear
1 apple
1 beet
1 carrot
1/2 cup cabbage
3 handfuls chard (about 11/2 cups)
*Adapted from Reboot Your Life.™

These are the recipes we are enjoying this week.  Have you tried fresh juice? What is your experience? What is your favorite blends?

Stay Sweet,
Kem

6 comments:

  1. I love juicing, and I really need to get back into it again very soon. I was feeling so good when I was sticking to it regularly!

    Thanks for the recipe, my problem before was just throwing whatever in and then hating it! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really needed a guide to let me know what would be good to drink. I have tried Day one and Day two both good so far!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to start juicing. Where did you get your juicer at?

    P.S I sent you the case today :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yay! We bought our juicer at Bed, Bath and Beyond. It is a cuisenart (sp) and it is about $140 I think. It has done really well so far! I will let you know how the rest of the week goes :)

      Delete
  3. I would love to start juicing, but how often do you drink it? I know some people who say they just do one meal of juice, and some who do juice only for weeks. I'd love to try these recipes.
    Mary Blake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We decided to just start out slow, so we are only "juicing" once a day for our breakfast. After this week, we may start to do it twice a day. I will keep sharing recipes and our progress :)

      Delete