Daily Candy ~ Juicing Week Two.

Well, we made it one week, and it wasn't bad at all!  In fact most of the recipes from week one were pretty good. My palate has changed and we have a noticeable change in energy level.  I am not dependent on coffee to get me through the day, and the Mr. is no longer chugged energy drinks.  My skin look luminous, if I do say so myself, and really, it is an easy breakfast.  

We only had one major meltdown over frozen blueberries, and since the Mr. is a penny pincher, he thinks blueberries are a waste of money, because they are not "producing enough juice for the price that they are."

This week, however, we are going to start doing a breakfast and lunch juice, every other day.  I will let you know how it goes.  Here are the recipes for week two, if you are following along.  I would love to hear about your experiences with juicing.

Day 9: Apple-Beet-Carrot Juice
1 apple
2 beets
3 large carrots
1 (1-inch) piece of ginger
Spinach or kale (optional)
*Adapted from Reboot Your Life.™
Day 10: Purple Power Juice
6 cups Concord grapes
1 Golden Delicious apple
2 (1-inch) pieces of ginger
1/2 cup blackberries
*Adapted from Reboot Your Life.™
Day 11: Apple-Cantaloupe-Honeydew Juice
2 apples
1/2 cantaloupe
1/2 honeydew
6 to 8 kale leaves
6 to 8 Swiss chard leaves
*Adapted from Reboot Your Life.™
Day 12: Great Green Fruity Mix
2 cups packed beet greens, red Swiss chard, kale, spinach or a combination
1 Golden Delicious apple
1/2 Comice pear
10 strawberries
1 cup coconut water (stir into glass of finished juice)
*Adapted from Reboot Your Life.™
Day 13: Beet-Celeriac-Carrot Juice
4 carrots
1/2 to 1 apple
1/2 celeriac root, peeled
1 beet
1 (1/4-inch) piece of ginger (optional)
*Adapted from Reboot Your Life.™
Day 14: Sunset Blend Juice
1 large sweet potato
1 carrot
1 red bell pepper
2 red beets
2 Golden Delicious apples
1 orange (optional)
*Adapted from Reboot Your Life.™

4 comments:

  1. Yum. It looks delicious! I can't wait to try juicing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aldis has frozen berries for a lot less than other places :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been so curious about juicing, especially when I was vegan, but I have never been a huge juice drinker in general, and without a Vitamix, I think we would kill our crappy blender. ;)

    But I'm intrigued, and can't wait to hear more about your journey (and which juice has been your favorite so far? Some definitely sound yummy, but others sound bizarre!)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yes, there have been bizarre ones for sure!

      Delete