Nearly Famous Pinup Wednesday





Sally Sparrow // Facebook // Pinup Lifestyle

Age: A lady never tells

Occupation: Aspiring Pinup Model/Makeup Artist

Where are you from: I'm a midwestern girl from Ohio

Favorite Photographer to work with: I have had the pleasure to work with many talented and wonderful photographers, including Roy Varga, Dynamite Dames, Autumn Luciano and Alicia A, to name a few. I love shooting and collaborating with new people. It's a thrill and so satisfying to experience a variety of styles and artistic visions.


Photo 1 Model: Sally Sparrow
Photographer: Varga Photography
Makeup: Christina Ireland
Hair: Bombshell Mandy
Location: Bombshell Pinups, New Jersey


Photo 2 Model: Sally Sparrow
Photographer: Decadence Dolls by Autumn Luciano
Makeup: Christina Ireland
Hair: Stephanie Strowbridge
Location: Decadence Dolls, Michigan



Model: Sally Sparrow
Photographer: Alicia A
MUAH: Christina Ireland
Location: A3 Studioworks, Ohio


Photo 4 Model: Sally Sparrow
Photographer: Decadence Dolls by Autumn Luciano
Makeup: Christina Ireland
Hair: Stephanie Strowbridge
Location: Decadence Dolls, Michigan


Tell me about your featured photos. When were they taken? Why are they your favorite? 
I've submitted four favorite photos, taken in 2011 and early 2012. I tried to choose images that demonstrate various sides of myself. They were shot in New Jersey, Michigan and Ohio. It's hard to say what makes a photo, a favorite. Sometimes, it's what happens on set or a great connection you feel with the photographer. I believe that modeling allows you to tap into a gamut of emotions and can challenge you in such a wonderful way. And it's so much fun!

How long have you been modeling?
I've modeled sporadically since 2007, while I worked on my makeup artistry. It wasn't until early 2011 that modeling became my primary focus. It's so wonderful to be able to express many different sides of my personality. The support and positive feedback that I receive from my fans, friends and family is quite addictive and humbling, all at the same time.


Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?
My favorite pinup vixens of the past are burlesque babes, Sherry Britton and Zorita. Presently, the pinups whose work inspires me most are Morgana, Mosh, Lila Luxx, La Esmeralda, Mala Mastroberte and Calamity Amelie.


What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?
My favorite lines for lingerie are Kriss Soonik, Kiss Me Deadly, Miss Katie and Secrets In Lace. For Pinup dresses and separates, Bettie Page Clothing, Lulu and Lush and Pinup Couture really seem to work best with my curves. My favorite designers are Nanette Lepore and Matthew Williamson. For shoes, Bordellos (of course) and I have been absolutely adoring the last two seasons from Betsey Johnson.


If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be?
It's a challenge to name only one. My dream list would definitely include Viva Van Story, Moritz Maibaum and Sherbet Birdie. I'll be able to cross Viva off my list, when I shoot with her this summer. I'm so excited!







Stay Sweet,
Kem

No comments:

Post a Comment