Nearly Famous Pinup Wednesday





Dutch Van Kirk // Model Mayhem // Facebook //

Age: 24

Occupation: Criminologist (Pin-up model for fun/hobby)

Where are you from: England, United Kingdom - Now live at Fort Irwin Army Base California.

Favorite photographer to work with: BreAnne Nixon of Bre Nixon Photos and Dwayne Parker of TASK photography.

Featured photo(s): TASK Photography 1 & 2 - Bre Nixon Photos 3,4,5,6

Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s)

TASK Photography 1 & 2, Trunk 4  (MUA - Rochelle Alverez) (Photographer - Dwayne Parker of TASK Photography)
Location: Barstow Station, California. 

Bre Nixon Photos - Makeup and Hair done by myself - Dutch Van Kirk. (Photographer, BreAnne Nixon of Bre Nixon Photos)

Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?
The TASK Photography photos were taken on location at Barstow Station. The location is stunning and gave fabulous Backgrounds.
These are some of my favorite photos because they are traditional Pinup style images, very authentic to the time. 

The Bre Nixon Photos were taken at the Bre Nixon Studio on Fort Irwin. These are my favorite beauty shots that have been taken of me.
The images are fresh and capture cheesecake pinup. 
How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography? I have been modelling since I was a few months old. My mom was a beauty queen and naturally introduced myself and both my siblings into the modelling world from an early age. I stopped modelling when I was in my mid teenage years to concentrate on my schooling. I started pinup modelling around 9 months ago and have loved every bit of it. I've always wanted to enter the pinup modelling genre as I dress in the 1950's style everyday, so after a large weight loss towards the end of last year I decided it was time to pick up where I left off. 

Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration? My favorite modern day pinup is Doris Mayday. I think is stunning in so many ways. I have had the opportunity to speak with her a few times and what a lovely lady. Here look is to true to the time era and its awesome to see another lady live the 50's lifestyle on a daily basis. I think she is a wonderful advocate for curvy females and I think her proportions are perfect for pinup modelling. I'm going to be shockingly obvious at say my favorite past time pinup model is of course Marilyn Monroe. Although an obvious choice she paved the way for bombshells of the past. Her images are timeless and will always be an inspiration to me. When I look at her, I see the epitome of poise, class and sophistication. Every quality I find endearing in a lady. a

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers? I love Pinup Girl Clothing and of course Bettie Page Clothing. Their collections are very well made and last for years. The designs are authentic and showcase the best of by gone fashions. 

If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be? Without a doubt, Michael Malak in his Wings of Angels Series. His images are just WOW! When I look at them, they take your breath away. A pinup model has never been showcased better than in his images. His authenticity is on a whole other level of its own. His traditional World War II pinups are what you see in old movies. If you didn't no any better you would say they were taken at the time. Michael Malak is on my list of dream jobs. Hopefully one day I will have the pleasure of working with him. 


Stay Sweet,
Kem

No comments:

Post a Comment