Nearly Famous Pinup Wednesday


The Vintage Doll // Facebook // Twitter //  Blog

Age:23

Occupation: Stay at home wife and mother, Pinup Model

Where are you from: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Favorite photographer to work with: Dan West

Featured photo(s): I have had two of my photos featured on pinup life style, have one photo in pinup life style's 2012 calendar, have a two page spread in Lash&Ink magazines March issue. I am also a new columnist for Lash&Ink magazine as well, and will be in Delicious Dolls Magazines 7th Issue.

Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s)
Artist is myself The Vintage Doll, Photographer Dan West
Location Oklahoma, wardrobe includes The RockIt Roost

Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?
My featured photos where all taken here in my home state of Oklahoma, by my friend and photographer Dan West. Ive worked hard on learning about the pinup image and life style to truly be able to represent and understand what I am doing and love so much. The photos I have that are featured, really represent me and who I am as a model. I was raised with my grandma so I grew up on a lot of classics and its turned me into a very classic pinup model. My photos represent a time and look that has been lost and I want to help bring it back and show the world how beautiful and confident it makes women. 

How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?
I have been into the pinup/rockabilly scene for going on seven years now. Learning and growing in the life style. I recently decided to get brave and step out of my box and enter an industry I have always loved and known alot about, modeling. I choose pinup because it is close to my heart and truly represents me and my style. I have now been in my modeling career almost a year now, and its been very kind to me so far.


Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?
Bettie Paige is truly an Icon of mine. Along with the grates such as Bernie Dexter, Sabina Kelley, Cherry Dollface and many others. But The amazing pinup women I have met that are just like me through out my journey are truly who have inspired me and given me the support and drive that I have needed to push forward. To name a few, Melissa Laroue, Korea Brown, Cherri Bomb, Lady Scarlett, Bianca Bombshell, Cara Bella, Kelvis All amazing pinups and models, and even more amazing as women. I am blessed to have met them and even more blessed to be able to call them friends.


What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers? I love so many different types of clothes. From pencil skirts, to swing dresses, and back to good old cuffed blue jeans. I have discovered many brands and labels that are truly amazing such as, The RockIt Roost, Pinup Couture, SourPuss Clothing, Rago Shape Wear. Just to name a few.

If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be?
I would really like to get in front of Roy Varga's camera. His pictures are so intense and have such strength behind them. He gives great direction and has such an amazing team that backs him up that really turn the average pinup into something else. I would like to see what he could pull out of a classic pinup like myself. 

Which photographer is my favorite to work with.
Dan West. He's a newer pinup photographer, but you would never know it. He is so intune with what he is doing and being a photographer. I always have such a great time with him and his wonderful wife Jackie who is our creative director. He studies before our shoots and I never have to go on set blind. He always had great ideas and gives great direction. He knows exactly what he is doing, and is going to go so far in this industry. Im blessed to have a great photographer.






No comments:

Post a Comment