Fourth of July Traditions








Jen is a sweet friend of mine, that I got to know playing Roller Derby in Kansas City.  Her dad is a outstanding photographer, and just a lot of fun! He has some pretty funny pictures of me "winning" after parties.  


What is your favorite way to celebrate July 4th?
July 4 is my birthday and I usually celebrate by hiding from the public and having a small dinner with friends. When I was a kid, I was terrified of fireworks so my parents told me it was all for me.

How do you show your support for the military or military families?
I have lived this - my dad is retired U.S. Navy - 22 years of service as a sonarman on nuclear submarines and Gulf War vet. I mostly found the entire thing rewarding, probably because I was young when my dad was at war and I didn't understand. I have a great respect for what my dad, grandpas, and uncles accomplished while in the Navy and love a good sub dive.

What is your favorite thing(s) to eat for a fourth of july celebration?

Anything on the grill (especially bratwurst, pineapple, and mango) and a local brew.

If you could leave a message for anyone serving overseas, what would it be?

My dad was a recruiter at one point and so I understand that these men and women all joined the military for different reasons. Regardless, each one is putting their life on the line for you and me. No matter what your political motivation, these men and women are heroes. Also, I'm single and if you're a hot soldier, I'm out for you.



Stay Sweet,
Kem

1 comment:

  1. This was nice to read as a wife of a deployed soldier!! Thank you guys for supporting what they do. Also what soldier wouldn't want a pinup??! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete