A peek into my life




What is your love language?


For those of you who don't know what a "love language" is, let me introduce you.  Back in the day, when I was just sold out for religion, I read this book about the 5 Love Languages that one can "speak."  Again, I don't endorse religion at all anymore.  I do, however, think the book is onto something that has nothing to do with Jesus, God, Mohhamed, or any of the other fine deities.


If you are looking for a way to better show your love to your partner, or family, it is a pretty simple idea and very quick and easy read.  


Through the above website, you can take an assessment to find out what your love language is.  I think that out of the 30 questions it asks you, they are kind of redundant, but it takes like 2 minutes to do.

The categories that you can score in are Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch.  My highest scores were Receiving Gifts and Words of Affirmation.



Receiving Gifts
Don’t mistake this love language for materialism; the receiver of gifts thrives on the love, thoughtfulness, and effort behind the gift. If you speak this language, the perfect gift or gesture shows that you are known, you are cared for, and you are prized above whatever was sacrificed to bring the gift to you. A missed birthday, anniversary, or a hasty, thoughtless gift would be disastrous–so would the absence of everyday gestures.


Stay Sweet,
Kem
a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

  1. I have so read that book! Its kind of a staple in the "super christian" world.. LOL.. I am a gift-receiver also. I always stress out when giving a gift too, it always has to be just the perfect thing or I freak out. Unfortunately my sweet husband is not gifted at all in giving gifts, but he is learning, I think affirmation and quality time is a good exchange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gurl we are the same on so many levels :)

      Delete