List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self.
- Don't be afraid of what people think, go on more dates! Let boys like you, for crying out loud. You are an awesome person and you should LET boys like you. (my first boyfriend was at 16. I was so afraid to let a boy like me. dumb)
- Don't take the back way or a "shortcut" to the hospital. You will wreck and total your car. It is not shorter, and it will end up making your week worse.
- Savor this year, cause it is the last year your parents will be together.
- Remember all the times spent with your girlfriends. Two of them will have their lives cut way too short, and you will miss them terribly bad.
- Don't be so afraid to fail. Fear of failure is what keeps you from having fun and enjoying yourself. You have the rest of your life to "try to get things right". Start failing.
- Your Junior Prom is going to be super fun. You are going to get in trouble for someone stealing your camera and taking inappropriate photos, but it will be worth it. This prom will be one of the best parties, spent with your favorite people!
- When you finally decide to go out with boys, make sure they are good to you, and don't cheat on you. Especially ones that drive blue Trans Ams.
- You are going to get the urge to cut your hair. Do not do it. Your hair is fine the way it is
- You are going to get your first job the summer of your 16th birthday. It is an awesome job. Don't leave it at the end of summer.
- You are going to be forced to grow up really fast your senior year, enjoy this last real year of "high school" cause the next year is not going to be very good.
If you had the ability to tell your 16 year old self anything, what would it be?