A peek into my life


List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self.
  1. Don't be afraid of what people think, go on more dates! Let boys like you, for crying out loud.  You are an awesome person and you should LET boys like you. (my first boyfriend was at 16.  I was so afraid to let a boy like me. dumb)
  2. Don't take the back way or a "shortcut" to the hospital.  You will wreck and total your car.  It is not shorter, and it will end up making your week worse.
  3. Savor this year, cause it is the last year your parents will be together.
  4. Remember all the times spent with your girlfriends.  Two of them will have their lives cut way too short, and you will miss them terribly bad.
  5. Don't be so afraid to fail.  Fear of failure is what keeps you from having fun and enjoying yourself.  You have the rest of your life to "try to get things right".  Start failing.
  6. Your Junior Prom is going to be super fun.  You are going to get in trouble for someone stealing your camera and taking inappropriate photos, but it will be worth it.  This prom will be one of the best parties, spent with your favorite people!
  7. When you finally decide to go out with boys, make sure they are good to you, and don't cheat on you. Especially ones that drive blue Trans Ams. 
  8. You are going to get the urge to cut your hair. Do not do it. Your hair is fine the way it is 
  9. You are going to get your first job the summer of your 16th birthday. It is an awesome job.  Don't leave it at the end of summer.
  10. You are going to be forced to grow up really fast your senior year, enjoy this last real year of "high school" cause the next year is not going to be very good.
If you had the ability to tell your 16 year old self anything, what would it be?

Stay Sweet,
Kem

5 comments:

  1. I think this post isn't quite finished without a pic of the fabulous author at age 16 ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just posted. I thought I had added it last night before I went to bed, but it did save, now it is up!

      Delete
    2. Awwe, you were just as cute and fabulous as ever! I was awkward, a little chubby and a bit on the nerdy side at 16 LOL!

      Delete
  2. i wish i looked that good at 16. i was still awkward and having 'ugly duckling' syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very touching post.I would tell my 16 me not to leave my sweet boyfriend because I was too anxious I might fail the exams if I were involved with somebody.
    And also learn how to drive

    ReplyDelete