I thought it might be fun to give you all an even better view into my life. I mean, this blog is all about me, so why not share fun little moments? I would love to see/hear/read this little moments in your life too.
One thing I love to do is go grocery shopping. I find shopping for food similar to therapy. Now, I am not entire sure that is a very healthy way to view grocery shopping, but I don't care, and let me tell you why.
- Grocery stores are, usually, very orderly. I love all the groupings of similar items. I love that everything has a category, and everything has an appropriate home at the store. (This makes me a very big type A personality)
- Grocery stores are clean. There is no way I would want to purchase anything, that I put into my body, from a store that is not visibly clean.
- I can pick up items to lift my spirit, feed my body, mind, and soul, and give me energy all in one place!
- I enjoy shopping, especially with coupons, because it reminds me of a treasure hunt. I want to save myself and my family money, plus who doesn't like hearing "You saved $xx.xx today"?
I know that as I enter the store, the fate of my next two weeks is just beyond the carts. I like to shop about every two weeks, sometimes it stretches to once a month, but normally we plan meals, snacks, parties, etc, two weeks out.
With that in mind, here are some of my favorite things, that usually always end up in my cart:
- Milk. I really like horizon organic milk, or milk from a local dairy in KC, Shatto.
- Bread. I am a big fan of any bread that doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup.
- Amy's Organic Frozen Dinners. I take these for lunch and my favs are enchilada dinner, brown rice and teriyaki vegetables, and macaroni and cheese. These seriously don't taste like a frozen dinner at all.
- Luna Bar. Smores or Peanut Butter Honey Pretzel. Amazing and great in the morning!
- Iced Tea Bags.
What do you love to get when you are shopping for your family?