Nearly Famous Pinup Wednesday



//Spookie Susie //Facebook //Model Mayhem// 

Age: 26

Occupation: White collar working girl by day, all-the-time animal rescuer and advocate, and moonlighting pin up girl!

Where are you from: Atlanta, GA

Favorite photographer to work with: Kellyn Willey of Atlanta’s PinUpGirl! Cosmetics

Featured photo(s): Switch Blade Betties, Robin Cook Photography, Dynamite Dames Photography, Atlanta’s PinUpGirl! Cosmetics


Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s): 1. MUAH: Cherry Dame/Photographer: Switch Blade Betties/Location: Peachtree City, GA 2. MUAH: Molly MUA/Photographer: Robin Cook/Location: Macon, GA 3. MUAH: Cherry Dame/Photographer: Dynamite Dames Photography/Location: Atlanta, GA 4. MUAH/Photographer: Kellyn Willey of Atlanta’s PinUpGirl! Cosmetics/Location: Atlanta’s PinUpGirl! Cosmetics in Atlanta, GA

Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite? : All of my featured photos are from 2011, the year I started to do pin up. I am very lucky to have worked with many great stylists and photographers, and I think these pictures are a good sampling of my first year of shooting!

How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography? : I’ve been enjoying Old Hollywood Glamour and pin up photography since I was a little girl – really as far back as I can remember. I ventured into modeling myself in February of 2011.

Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration? : My main source of inspiration comes from the pin ups of the past – Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor, Jane Russell, Jayne Mansfield, Brigitte Bardot, Sophia Loren, Yvonne DeCarlo, Carolyn Jones…I grew up watching old movies and ‘50s – 70’s sitcoms with my mom. I am also a huge horror/Halloween enthusiast, and it heavily influences my work. Lily Munster was (and still is!) my idol.

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers? : I definitely lust after the dresses on Pinup Girl Clothing’s site! One of my favorite dresses is from the Deadly Dames line designed by Micheline Pitt. I also LOVE to go thrifting/boutique hunting…I have just recently started to collect vintage clothing, and it is very addictive!

If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be? : There are so many great artists out there; it’s hard to narrow it down to just one! However, I definitely hope I get to work with Dangerously Dolly someday.



1 comment:

  1. Oh I love that blue bathing suit! Makes me anxious for summer. ;)

    with grace & gumption, Hilary

    ReplyDelete