Nearly Famous Pinup Wednesday




          Beretta Fleur // Website // Facebook // Blog


Age: 36 

Occupation:
Designer, Artist, and Writer. Also, an aspiring personal chef.

Where are you from:
Los Angeles, CA

Favorite photographer to work with:
My husband. He has a near- masters in photography and prefers black and white film, but working together with studio pinup digital photography
really strengthens our relationship. I also really love Shannon Brooke (CA), Jillian of Bombs over Betty (TN, Nikki & Candy of Vixen Pinup Photography (MO), and Celeste Giuliano (PA) as people. They are sweethearts and amazingly talented in very unique and strong ways. You can be a good person and still be a driving force in your field, and these ladies prove it every time I encounter them. 


Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s)
Model: Beretta Fleur
Photo Credits: www.shotgunpinups.com

Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?
Taken by my husband at our home in Los Angeles.  I've spent the past 6 months or so rediscovering what I love about pinup, and what screams "me" as a person, model, and artist.
I've had some really stunning and technically brilliant photos taken of me over the years, but these at present make me the happiest.
I also love using vector art to make campy, fun images rather than just studio portraits. 
These photos represent a blend of both my husband's love of portraiture and my love for vector art.

How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?

Marrying a photographer has really rekindled my love for all aspects of photography and modeling.
I have always loved playing dress-up, modeling, and taking photos since I was wee. It's a huge part of my sense of self-expression.
As a designer and artist, I've always loved ads & editorial with stunning photography, or vintage books with great art direction.
I first got into modeling and editing studio pinup in 2008.
I'm now growing my skills with vintage style hair, makeup, and styling.

Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?

My favorite Pinup inspiration has actually always been Gil Elvgren and Joyce Ballentyne. Both artists are so brilliant at capturing that playful, classy side of pinup sex appeal that knocks my socks off. To me, true sexiness is healthy, happy, and fun-loving. That's just my style. You can be naughty while keeping that sense of joy and dignity. 

Models:  I would have to say Bettie Page is my favorite "classic", though I wish she had a happier story. She just glows when she smiles.
In present-day, Amber Heard is adorable. I could just eat her up. I also love Bernie Dexter. I haven't seen her take a bad photo, ever.

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?
I love Bettie Page clothing, that line fits me well; but I lean more toward combining no-brand vintage pieces with stuff from Anthropologie.
Dot's Diner (on Etsy) is my favorite apron designer.  

If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be?
Ellen Von Unwerth. Her work is just amazing and I've admired it since my teens.
If she were to shoot me, I would just hit the floor. 









Stay Sweet,
Kem

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for featuring me! My blog have moved to http://berettafleur.wordpress.com/ instead of Tumblr. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete