Nearly Famous Pinup Wednesday






The Taffeta Darling //Blog // Facebook 


Age: 31


Occupation: International Girl of Geekstery

Where are you from: Dallas, Texas

Favorite photographer to work with: Neither Noir Stuidos 

Featured photo(s): Playful Batgirl h/mu- Tiffany Diamond and Zatanna h/mu LaDonna Stein, by Neither Noir Studios,Jessica Rabbit, and the Black Corset/White Wrap are by Charlie Girl of Paper Moon Photography, h/mu by Charlie Girlthe Swimsuit Pinup image was taken by Amber DeVille Photography. h/mu- self

Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?The Batgirl and Zatanna were done with my favorite group of guys Neither Noir Studios. I'm heavily involved in the convention scene, and these are cosp[lay characters i've done in the past, and decided that these heros although strong minded and strongly built, still have a playful and femme side that needed to be shown.The Jessica Rabbit image was just an homage to every badly drawn gal. She can't help how she looks or behaves, even with the best intentions, she's drawn to be bad and break hearts of men and cartoons. The ones I have submitted are my favorite images over the past year and a half. I feel they show my diversity yet again, playful side.

How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography? I started in 2008 as a pinup model, but have enjoyed photography of all kinds since my 9th grade yearbook class.

Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration? My favorite classic pinup models are Veronica Lake, Jane Russell, Clara Bow, Jean Harlow, Sandra Dee, and Brigitte Bardot. I don't really have any current or presently active models that are my faves.Most of my inspiration comes from the drawings of Olivia De Berardinis, Alberto Vargas , but also from comic artists like J. Scott Campbell, Terry Parr, and Adam Hughes, all who are big fans of the classic pinup style and you can see if reflected in their interpretations of comic heroines.

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers? Although i can barely afford her line- Stella McCartney is one of my most favorite designers, all her items are completely, vegan, and animal cruelty free. I also like the Daddy O's and the Pinup Girl Clothing line. They offer new classic looks that wont break my piggy bank!

If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be? It's weird, i don't have a "must have" or "dream photographer". i'm open to anyone who is going to capture my ideas best, and also bring something to the idea. Any artist that can capture a moment and have that moment felt through out time would be ideal, in fact, Stan Stearns, the guy who took that infamous JFK Jr. saluting his father at JFK Sr's memorial would have been awesome to work with. That image will be apart of history forever.



Stay Sweet,
Kem

No comments:

Post a Comment