Nearly Famous~ Pinup Wednesday



Acajou Joie // Facebook // Tumblr // Pinup Lifestyle

Age: 22

Occupation: Master’s Student 

Where are you from?
California, but I’ve been a resident of Texas for some time now.

Favorite photographer to work with: 
Divine Diva Photography

Featured photo(s):
Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s) 
The first two photos shown were taken by Candace Nicholson of Divine Diva Photography. They were taken in downtown Sanger. I did my own hair in the first two photos and my makeup was by L. Miles.


The last two photos were taken by Switch Blade Betties. They were taken at the Fort Worth Stockyards. Lynn of Vintage Flair did my hair in the last two photos and my makeup was by L. Miles again.


Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?
The first two were taken this past summer (2011) in downtown Sanger. They’re two of my favorites because the colors are so vibrant. I had a blast modeling that afternoon trying to beat the sun going down. 

The last two photos I chose because they were from my first vintage car photo shoot back in October of this past year (2011). I’m into vintage cars so it was a great experience taking photos with a beauty such as the one I’m posing with.

How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?
I have been enjoying modeling and photography all my life, but I only recently decided to get into the modeling game for myself. It’s hard putting yourself out there so people will notice you. No more being a wallflower for me!


Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?
That is such a hard question because there are so many Pinup Models I draw inspiration from. If I only had to pick a handful I would say Josephine Baker, Billie Holiday, Dita Von Tease, Angelique Noire, Betty Grable, Lena Horne, and Rita Hayworth. I love all of their styles and their styles influence mine greatly. 

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?
As for clothing lines I like Bettie Page Clothing, Pinup Couture, and Tarantula Clothing. Tarantula’s Zsa Zsa skirts are to die for and are a staple in my closet. As far as lingerie lines go my favorites are What Katie Did and Kiss Me Deadly. I’m truly a vintage girl though. I love having clothing that I know no one else has or can get ahold of easily.


If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be?
If I could shoot with any photographer it would be with Roy Varga. I love his work. It’s very expressive and makes my imagination go wild!

Stay Sweet,
Kem

No comments:

Post a Comment