May can be a glorious month, in the midwest. It brings thunderstorms, waves of heat, and it the best time to enjoy BBQ, friends and family, especially in the cool of the evening.
-My sweet sister turned 10! I hope she knows how fun she is and that 10 is kind of a BIG deal!
-Wrote new features for the summer! Thirsty Thursdays, Sweet Nothings
-Had a sweet giveaway with White Fire Glass! Be sure to check out the store, full of beauties that would make excellent wedding gifts this summer!
May Catch up with NY Resolutions
The items crossed off have been finished! * means it is in progress. I still have a ways to go, but I still have a full 6-7 months to finish it. I just like to see how far I have come. Have you met some of your goals? I can't wait to see what my DIY Memory Jar has in store December 31st?
- Read 12 books *
- Visit one new state that I have never been.
- Save $100 per month for a rainy day fund *
Lose 10 lbs, and keep it off Continue sustainable living (i.e. organic, non wasteful) Dine out 2-4 times per month
- No TV past 8 pm
- Commit to walking my dogs 4 times per week
Take yoga class
- Teach one DIY class per month (in person, or via blog) *
Update my blog layout Reset/Restyle my closet
- Host a swap party with friends
- Schedule one girls night monthly/bi-monthly
Cut my coffee habit in half. (1-2 purchased lattes per week)
- Learn a new skill (crocheting, knitting, cake decorating etc)
- Refinish Laundry Room
- Tile Kitchen and Dining Room
- Start a compost pile
Grow a pumpkin patch
- Handmade/Homemade Christmas 2012
- Get published in a Tattoo Magazine
- Finish right arm sleeve
Celebrate my 10th wedding anniversary!
- Not freak out about my 30th birthday. *
- Finish planning Ireland trip
Attend a Blogging Conference
- Compile more outfit posts *
- Find five new bands to enjoy *
- Volunteer for Dentistry for the Heart/Dr's without borders
Start a memory jar.
- Visit the Caribbean
- Perfect Photography skills *
- Watch every Marilyn Monroe Film *
- Try one new food per month
- Rediscover veganism for a month
- Adopt a third puppy!
Write at least one letter per month
- Participate in a food drive
- Have new professional photos of Mr. Elliott and I
Order updated photos of friends and family to display
- Have professional photos of my family taken
- Make homemade ice cream
- Support local business better! *
- Purchase new luggage
Practice Safe Sun EVERYDAY!
- Bake a cake, once a month, from scratch
- Help Mr. Elliott finish truck project
- Install an attic fan in our house
- Plan weekend trips one per season.
Set up a "shop my closet" or online store Vintage shop and document it!
May Sponsor Highlights
Here are just a few sweet discounts/coupons to use from our May Sponsors! Remember to keep shopping local and/or handmade!