Sweet Taste of Freedom ~ Silver Screen Salon










Owner Travis Crall



Where are you from?

I grew up in a town 30 miles east of Kansas City called Oak Grove, now I reside in Independence, MO. 

How did you get your store/business started?

I got started in the hair industry 8 years ago. I worked in Lees Summit for the first six years and have been in the Crossroads for a year and a half. I moved my business downtown with the thoughts of opening my own salon. I fell in love with the Crossroads and through some great luck I was able to open Silver Screen Salon! I had a client Paul Penticuff who decided that he liked the business model of opening a salon and we got along really well so he made it financially possible. 

What inspires you?

There are so many inspirations in my life where to start.
First I love watching other passionate people create, I will be the first to attend any industry educational events, or at home just watching the food network watching a chef create a dish.
I am also very inspired by geometric lines, architecture and nature.

How long have you been open and what is some of your favorite items?

I have been open for One month! We have hired 4 amazing artists and my wife is a stylist and our manager! We carry Loreal Professionnel products and haircolor. Don't let the Loreal name throw you off, Loreal Professionnel is not the same stuff you can get a your local dugstore. Loreal Professionnel is the worlds most elite professional hair product. I am an educator for Loreal Professionnel and am very passionate about the products that we carry! Prescribing product is a service that we pride ourselves on at Silver Screen Salon!

What celebrity would you most like have praise your store/product(s)?

I would have to say for those of us that know Tabitha I would love for her to see Silver Screen in action and give her approval. But A list celebrity that I would love to give us props would be Johnny Depp or Zooey Deschanel, I love their style!

If you had to use only one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
Creativity

What is your biggest pet peeve?

Gum chewing.

What are your favorite websites?

Behindthechair.com, scissorboy.com, FB, yelp, chroniclesofasweettooth. 

What would people be surprised to learn about you?

I was a 2time Missouri State wrestling champion, I went to college on a full ride football scholarship.







 *All hair done by stylists at Silver Screen Salon.  
Photography by 49th St Photo*


Stay Sweet,
Kem

No comments:

Post a Comment