Nearly Famous ~ Pinup Wednesday!




// Dee Dee Desire // Website // Facebook // Twitter //

Age: 31

Occupation: Database Production Analyst (I’m a computer nerd)

Where are you from: Boston, MA

Favorite photographer to work with:  I’ve been very lucky to have worked with amazing photographers and have loved everyone.  I definitely always have a great time with Ama Lea, she is a great friend and we’ve been shooting together for years.  Most of those shoots involve sleepovers and then deciding late at night that we have a great idea and just going for it at 6am.  She lives in LA now so we don’t get to shoot together as much but when we do it’s a great time.

Photographer/Hair/MUA: Mark Anthony Lacy

Location: Manhattan, NYC

Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite? 
I took a few years off from shooting and really just laid low, I had an amazing little boy 2 years ago so I wasn’t really finding the time to shoot.  I went through what most women go through after having my son where I was just really uncomfortable with my body and how different it was and I just honestly didn’t feel attractive.  I knew that I need a boost to my confidence and that I need to take some time for myself so I decided in March that the perfect way to cheer myself up would be by doing a shoot.  I had always admired Mark Lacy’s work but never had the chance to work with him so I felt that he would be the perfect person to shoot with to get me out of my little rut.  

Mark was perfect.  I was honest with him about how I felt and let him know I was a bit rusty and he was amazing.  He does all the hair and makeup so it really is an intimate shoot where you really get to know the photographer.  We talked about movies, vintage finds, goodwill shopping, music, and anything else you could think about.  I couldn’t have been more comfortable – especially for my first shoot in 2 and a half years. 

I’m proud of how the pictures came out and they have helped inspire me to continue shooting. 




How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography? I started doing this back in 2005 but I did take a few years off so I feel like I’m starting over but I wouldn’t be doing it if I didn’t love it.  I just set up my website and facebook page and I’m hoping to have new pictures for both soon.

Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?  There is of course the ultimate Bettie Page but my inspiration was really with the Pin Up Nose Art on fighter planes from World War II.  I think it was actually the movie Memphis Belle when I was 10 where I became aware of the Nose Art and that lead to my fascination with Pin Ups and fighter planes….mostly Pin Ups J

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?  For the Pin Up girl in me I really love Mode Merr.  The quality of the clothes and the style of dresses are just perfect.  If I was a rich girl and had fancy places to go then I would have to say Alexander McQueen, but I have to settle for just looking at the pictures in the magazines for that one.  Luckily I can afford Mode Merr.

If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be?  I’m very lucky to have worked with some of the best Pin-Up photographers – Ama Lea, Mark Lacy, Viva Van Story, Roy Varga, Marco Patino – and had a great time shooting with everyone.  If I had to pick photographers that I haven’t worked with yet then I would have to say Shannon Brooke and Jason Holmes – hopefully I can make it out to the west coast soon!


Stay Sweet,
Kem

No comments:

Post a Comment