Daily Candy ~ Sweet DIY



I have about a million sunglasses and iPhone cases.  I find the scattered everywhere.  In old purses, drawers, my car, etc.  So I decided I was going to make a home for them to live, so that I always know where they are.  Here is an easy way to get a vintage looking home for whatever you choose to live there!

Things Needed:

  • Vintage/Old Medicine Cabinet.
  • Scrapbook Paper
  • Spray Adhesive
  • Self threading hooks (can be found in the tool department of any store!)
  • Sunglasses




Get Things Started:

I started by cleaning up my medicine cabinet.  I found it at an antique store, and knew if would be perfect for this project!  I liked the flaky paint, so I didn't repaint it, but if you want a more clean, modern look you can paint yours.

I next glued my selected scrapbook paper to the inside of the door, just to add a little color, and flare.  I lucked out that the paper was the perfect size, so I didn't have to cut it to fit.  You may have to measure and trim yours too fit.



I then decided I wanted 8 hooks in my cabinet.  I measured where the hooks went, and because they are self threading, I didn't have to drill!  Just screw the hooks into place!


Hang your sunglasses (or jewelry) in your cabinet and use it to always know where your favorite pair are!


Stay Sweet,
Kem

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea! Good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, I am going to be on the hunt for a medicne cabinet.. and so funny I have the aqua-blue sunnies AND the white ones with the black bow in my own personal collection.

    ReplyDelete