Nearly Famous ~ Pinup Wednesday!



// Baby Doe // Tumblr // Facebook // Model Mayhem //


Age: 27



Occupation:
Full time creator! I model, do photography, and am currently designing travel fashions for a She is Wolf. 


Where are you from:
Born in upstate New York- but raised in the South. I resided in Tampa for the majority of my teen years and early twenties- then mosied over to Olympia, Washington where I worked with Tush! Burlesque- and now I find myself comfortably in Monterey, CA! I love traveling :) And apparently moving!


Favorite photographer to work with:
So far I've been lucky enough to have nothing but awesome experiences with all of my photographers! I truly enjoy working with JCost , Scott R. Kline., & Lady Luxe. All are incredibly professional- but still eager to collaborate on ideas and open to discussion!

Featured photo(s):
I've chosen to feature two photos from JCost ( the stairwell photos) & two from Lady Luxe (tiki set.)

Artist/Photographer/location of feahttp://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launchtured photo(s)
Photographer: JCOST / MUAH: Self / Monterey, CA
Photographer: Lady Luxe/ Muah: Lady Luxe/ Monterey, CA





Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?
I chose two different photographers for my features because I felt it showed a diversity in my work. Plus they were both fantastic experiences! The stairwell photos by JCost are actually shot in my house- they were done sometime in July- as were the Lady Luxe photos. Lady Luxe is a great friend of mine and she has spent much time studying and developing her work to a fantastic level!

How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?
I've been doing modeling for about 4 years now- I absolutely adore being able to express myself in front of a camera! It just makes my heart glow! And then to get the shots back is such an awesome feeling to just be able to say- "Wow! Thats me!" Cheesy, but totally true! 

Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?
Whats an interview without mention good ole Bettie ? She always been a lady that I have held in high regard! In addition to her I love Jayne Mansfield, Marilyn, Mamie Van Doren, and anyone who made the effort in the past to pave the way for this style of life & art! Modern models I adore include Mosh, Dita, Angela Ryan, Melanie Lacy, there are honestly so many fab models now the list could go on for days! I'm just so happy that all these women have stepped forth and brought this lifestyle back in full force!

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?
Stop Staring makes some of the best dresses I have ever had the pleasure of feeling gorgeous in! Bettie Page clothing has some amazing choices as well- and I love Pin Up Girl Clothing's swimsuits!

If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be?
  That is such a tough choice! I honestly couldnt name one! There is so much talent! Honestly though, it has always been an aspiration of mine to work with Viva! 



Stay Sweet,
Kem

4 comments:

  1. youre the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady Luxe's tattoos are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!!!
    http://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I think she is pretty too! Plus she is uber nice!

      Delete