Sweet DIY Project ~ 1950's Kitchen Stool


We purchased this stool over our Christmas Holiday at an Antiques Shop.  I have literally been looking for one of these for, oh I don't know, forever.  This one was only $4. As you can see, it needed some love!

Mr. Elliott sandblasted it, to remove the rust, and I selected a bright orange color for it's base.  After Mr. Elliott painted it all, he replaced all the hardware and purchased new feet for it.  I selected a cheery teal fabric print with birds and a leaf pattern.  I think we made it look brand new, and I could not be happier!





Stay Sweet, 
Kem

4 comments:

  1. I've been wanting one for so long! I grew up sitting in one at my great-grandmothers house and want one for our son o badly. Now I know that if we come across an old rusted one, it can be brought back to its former glory! Yours looks so cute!
    -Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I had the same recollection from my childhood. I had been searching and searching for one, and finally I found one in my price range, but it looked HORRIBLE! So, yes, with a little elbow grease, it can be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kem. I think you and your husband did a great job! the end result is adorable <3

    P.S I am in love with that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love the fabric too! When I found it, i knew it would be perfect!

      Delete