Nearly Famous ~ Pinup Wednesday!



Age: A lady never tells!


Occupation:  I'm one busy lady!  Pin Up Model, Ballerina, College Student, Ballet Teacher, occasional go-go dancer

Where are you from: SoCal, I grew up in San Diego and then spent a few years in the City of Angels.  Now I live in New York City and am loving it!  

Favorite photographer to work with:  Sailors Grave Photography and Mike55 Photography

Featured photo(s):  
Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s)  
Photos in (and out) of green dress by Mike55 Photography (Long Island, NY)
Photos with records by Sailors Grave Photography  (Brooklyn, NY)
Photo with car by Tony Trezza  (Queens, NY)
Photo with vintage airplane by Annemarie Bain  (Long Island, NY)

For all of these photos I did my own makeup and hair.  





Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?  All of these photos were taken relatively recently, within the past 4 months or so.  I had a blast shooting with each of these photographers and love that they are all sassy but classy.  

How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?  I have been modeling on and off for a few years, but in the past year decided to focus exclusively on Pin Up.  I've been in love with vintage culture since I was a kid, got my first Eddie Cochran tape at age 10!  I'm finally now pursuing a dream of being a Pin Up girl!  

Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?  Without a doubt Betty Grable.  I also love Jayne Mansfield and all the Petty girls. For more modern inspiration I like the incredibly lovely Dita.  

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?  I was lucky enough to inherit many of my super stylish Nana's vintage dresses.  Not only do I have some of my grandmother's dresses, but also some from my great aunt, her sister.  Modern clothing lines I like are Freddies of Pinewood, Stop Staring, and Pin Up Girl Clothing, but I actually hate shopping!  When I'm not all dolled up I spend a lot of time wearing items from Adidas!

If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be?  Well, I waited years to shoot with the fabulously talented Roy Varga.....I'd love to shoot with him again!  Also, if given the opportunity, I'd be super excited to shoot with Mitzi & Co and Viva Van Story.  




Stay Sweet,
Kem

2 comments:

  1. I really like her dresses! Especially the yellow one :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yellow one too. She is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete