Nearly Famous ~ Pinup Wednesday!




// Soni Blade // Model Mayhem // Pinup Lifestyle //
Age: A lady never tells  ; )

Occupation: Full Time Student/Full Time Model

Where are you from: Long Beach, CA

Favorite photographer to work with: I have two photographers.  Poisoned Apple Photography by Molly Mayhem and Katsel Photography

Featured photo(s):  These are from a pinup soiree for Poisoned Apple Magazine Issue 1.  The magazine was published in October.

Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s):  Seattle Mansion and the photographer was Poisoned Apple Photography by Molly Mayhem.  MUAH was done by Golightly's: Deluxe Coiffure.


Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?
     These photos were taken in Seattle at a mansion.  These are my favorite because they are my first photo shoot that I ever did for print.  I had such a good time meeting the photographer and the MUAH, Golightly's: Deluxe Coiffure.  I also met other models which was fun. 


How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?
  I started off doing runway modeling when I was 17 and continued to do runway until I was 19.  Back then I was considered tall for my age without heels.  I took a break for a little bit because I had joined the military.  When I got out of the military I decided that I would go back into modeling, but I didn't want to return to runway.  So this year I returned and debuted in print modeling.  : )

Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?
   Bettie Page, hands down.  She absolutely helped me to realize that you have to be yourself.  When I was younger, I used to hide who I was because where I grew up in California it was not normal for a Native American/ African American girl to dress up in chola rockabilly clothing or pinup clothing.  After finding out about Bettie Page, I stopped caring what others thought or how they would judge me.  I started wearing corsets and hosiery at 17.  I then changed from rockbilly chola to pinup beauty at 19.  I was free to be me and I loved it. 
Besides Bettie Page, I admire Bernie Dexter, Elizabeth Taylor, MOSH, Masuimi Max, Lena Horne, Dorothy Dandridge, Dita Von Teese, and Bettina May.

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?
  I love girdlebound corsets!  Betsey Johnson, anything from the Bettie Page Clothing store, Bernie Dexter clothing, Babygirl Boutique, Pinup Girl Clothing, Unique Vintage Clothing and many more. 

If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be?
There are so many!  Shannon Brooke, Viva Van Story, Edson Carlos, Vestige Photography, and Redrum Collaboration.


Stay Sweet,
Kem 

2 comments: