Nearly Famous ~ Pinup Wednesday!




// Lolita Black // Pinup Lifestyle //


Age: 21, but I still get carded, even for buying video games!

Occupation: 
Sales Associate at an accessories store and full-time student, studying Art, French, and Sign Language


Where are you from: Stockton, California (it’s not that bad!) I'm a California Girl!


Favorite photographer to work with: Cherry Larkins a sassy local photographer and woman of all trades and Lilly Fuentes-Joy, a real sweetie who gets great angles and shots! Lilly really knows how to make a model have fun, express herself and feel relaxed.

Featured photo(s):

 Vivacious Lolita
Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s):
 Photographer Lilly Fuentes-Joy MUAH: KIm Carter Location: Veranda Antiques in Carmichael CA


Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?
 Vivacious Lolita is another one I did with Lilly, I like my pose and how she captured me especially in this image. I also love my shoes shwoing in the picture and she really liked them too.
How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography? A little over a year! But I’ve been living the Pin-Up Lifestyle since I was 17. I never thought to pose for the camera until Cherry approached me and asked if I would model for her. We’ve become great friends and it gives me learning experience.

Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration? I adore Bernie Dexter, she’s so gorgeous and a sweetheart. I also really admire Doris MayDay, Dayna Delux, and Masumi Max. So many! Of course I always refer to the classics such as Bettie Page, Bettie Grable and the glamorous actresses like Mae West, Ginger Rodgers and Audrey Hepburn (oh how I love her). But I am also inspired by the classic movies, film noir thanks to my Aunt who got me started on older movies. I also look at the great pin-up Artists such as Vargas, Elvgren, right on down to our modern Olivia.

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?
 Heartbreaker Fashion, Bernie Dexter, Bettie Page Clothing, there’s just so many I pretty much like any of them right on down to Pinup Couture, Deadly Dames, and Living Dead Souls. I’m also very much into the hair accessories created by Lil Lou Lou  right now, can’t get enough!



If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be?
I’m open to working with a lot of different photographers. I would like to work with Mitzi & Co and I’m interested in Holly West’s Photography too. But there are so many great photographers out there I’m excited about so many.
Stay Sweet,
Kem

1 comment: