Simple Sunday Wisdom.

About a year ago, I made myself pledge to start wasting less, and conserving more.  I have made sure I have upgraded/downgraded in appropriate areas to increase less consumption and save more energy.


The first place I started was converting all bulbs in my house to compact florescent bulbs.  If you live in a larger house, you might just start with one floor, if it is too expensive up front to change all lightbulbs in your house at once.  I have lived in my house for 4 years, and have not once, had to replace a lightbulb.  Pretty amazing in the long run.


Secondly, I decided to only buy cleaning products that are eco friendly, or homemade.  And by all, I mean all.  Slowly buy surely I used up my old cleaning products, and replaced them with Seventh Generation or Method Brand.  This goes for Laundry, Kitchen, Bathroom, and General cleaning supplies.  The great thing is, these two brands are inexpensive and readily available at most department stores!
Third, I changed from buying fragrance wall plug in and candles, to either opening the windows or purchasing soy candles.  Soy candles will burn cleaner and long than traditional candles, not to mention the fragrances in soy candles are typically more realistic in scent!


Lastly, shop vintage.  Not only are you using things from the past, but you are inspiring style from what is readily available.  I love vintage shopping and I can always find a good use for items of the past.


So, while you are gearing up for Holiday Guests, think about ways you can change some habits in your house to be more eco friendly.  Remember, the first step is always the hardest.


Stay Sweet,
Kem

3 comments:

  1. i do a few of those ...but definitely could do more. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seventh generation is amazing! I'm all about a greener earth and living :]
    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete