Nearly Famous ~ Pinup Wednesday!


// Nicole "Miss Coco Chevelle" Thompson // Facebook //


Age: 23


Occupation: Librarian, Assistant in Heritage and Local History Center


Where are you from: Lebanon, Indiana


Favorite photographer to work with: Amanda Renzulli. She is a joy to shoot with! Amanda is charismatic and easy to work with. As a model, it's great to feel like you're shooting with a friend. She can make any woman feel like a star!


Featured photo(s):
Studio: Bombshell Photography
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bombshell-Photography/207008702677238
Photographer: Amanda Renzulli
Make Up: Jade Johnson
Hair: Chrissy Davis






Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?
Photo 1: As a kid, I wanted to be just like my daddy. He's my best friend and just a cool guy. When he was a teenager, he was a skateboarder and a drummer. After a few scraped knees I never sat foot on a skateboard again, but I started playing the drums at age 11 and have played ever since. It's kind of my unexpected fun fact. I love being a drummer girl!


Photo 2: I entered a contest for Unique Vintage in July to be their Miss August. I put three photos in, but this is the one that pulled away and eventually won the contest. I'm proud that this was my first award winning photo!


Photo 3: I call this my "Librarian by day, Pinup by night" photo. I interned at the public library in my hometown in college, and now I work there. I couldn't ask for a better job!


Photo 4: This photo means a lot to me because one of my goals in modeling is to show women that all shapes and sizes are beautiful beyond belief. It's all on how you carry yourself. I'm so proud to be 5'8" and a size 10 with curves!


How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?
I started modeling in July 2011. I'm still learning and trying to get my name out there, but I'm having a blast! I've enjoyed pin up art and retro fashion since I was a kid. I spent a lot of time hanging out with my dad in his woodworking shop. It was there I saw my first photos of Bettie Page and the artwork of George Petty. Women were soft and elegant then. I love being able to take that and put a modern twist to it!




Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?
My favorite pinup model of all time is the one and only Bettie Page. She is an icon. Bettie was setting standards and then breaking them throughout her era. She was one of the few models from her time who amassed a cult following that is still thriving over fifty years later. Once you see those curves and that girl-next-door smile, you don't forget her.
My inspiration comes from my love and faith in Jesus Christ, and the amazing love and support of my dad and best friend, Rod Thompson. I have a great family, but my dad has always been my rock.


What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?
Unique Vintage, Rockabilly Girl by Bernie Dexter, Sourpuss Clothing, ModCloth, H&M, and Karl Lagerfeld.




If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be?
Aside from any chance to shoot with Amanda Renzulli, I would love to shoot with Nigel Barker from the TV show America's Next Top Model. Every time I watch him do a shoot you can see that beauty is his all around inspiration, and he strives to bring that out of each model he shoots with.


Stay Sweet,
Kem

5 comments:

  1. love her smile in the 2nd picutre, she looks stunning!! thanks for sharing, such a pretty lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's very pretty! I like her outfit choices <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is truely one of a kind in her beauty and as a whole. She is the ultimate modern classy pinup and I wish her all of the best luck in the world. Congratulations Nicole on all of your accomplishments.

    JIll Swetnam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nicole is a joy to work with..we lover her passion! - Jade

    ReplyDelete