Kem's Kandy for the Weekend

I am not sure who ushered in the idea that New Year's Eve had to be celebrated with glitter, but I love that person!


If you haven't figured out by now, I am a huge advocate and lover of all thing glittery and fabulous.  With all that being said, Mr. Elliott and I never really celebrate New Year's Eve.  I am not sure why, other than we are becoming homebodies with age, but we have only been to NYE parties a hand full of times.




Most of the time we talk, and talk, and talk about what we want to do, and just end up doing nothing.  I think I fell asleep long before midnight last year.  (read: how pathetic)


I do have a killer outfit picked out if we decide to go somewhere.  We have been invited to a couple of places, and we really do have every intention of going, it's just, I don't know if we will actually drag ourselves into our car to get there.


So, I am going to devise a plan for a fun way to celebrate at home, if we don't make it out.


1. Snacks
This needs to be a snack attack to beat all attacks.  I am talking a smorgasbord of small treasures.  I will be hitting up the frozen food aisle at Target.  Eggrolls, bagel pizzas, taquitos, chips and salsa.  You know, all the good stuff


2. Movies
I will make sure we have some really good selections to choose from.  In my mind, I could watch all the Harry Potter's.  I mean what is a better way to start the new year, than with Mr. Potter?  Well, Mr. Elliott can probably name a few 100 things he would rather be doing than watching Potter.


3.  Weekend Bed
This is our guilty pleasure!  We bought a top of the line aero bed. We set is up in our basement, right in front of the TV.  Full of pillows, sheets, blankets, etc.  This bed is so comfortable, that leaving it will cause sadness!  


Cue the bed, snacks, and movies!  2012 here we come!


Stay Sweet,
Kem

2 comments:

  1. It sounds so tempting. I want a snack, bed and movie night with my Fiancè as well.

    Followed the blog, hope you don’t mind. And who knows, maybe you’ll visit me someday too.

    thebookness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a GREAT way to spend the new year :]

    ReplyDelete