Daily Candy

This post is not about what I am wearing today, it is about what my table is wearing.  When I got married, I was basically a baby.  On the cusp of being 20.  When I think back to what I was like then, I am amazed at how much I have changed, but also how much I have not changed.


I would hope that everyone can look back on their early 20's and realize how far they have come.  One thing that hasn't changed is my taste for decadence.  Well, honestly, I do have far more expensive taste, but I have always leaned a little outside the edge of my monetary zone.  However, I do like a good bargain, this is probably where I have changed the most.  Frugality.  Which leads me into my table.


When I was a young bride, registering for gifts, I knew I had no room in my life, or tiny kitchen, for that matter, for a china pattern.  Mr. Elliott and I glanced around the china area of the department store and quickly realized, china is beautiful, but does not meet our everyday needs.  (To be honest, china doesn't really met our special fancy needs either.)






So, to make a long story, short, my mother gifted me her china from her marriage to my father.  It is so special to me because it took them a long time to collect it.  And with this background to my china's story, I cherish it even more!


When I am out and about, I always make sure to check for pieces to add to my collection.  Black Friday I managed to hit the jackpot.  I purchase two dinner plates, four saucers, three cups, two platters, a creamer and sugar bowl, and a partridge in a pear tree :)


That purchase made my heart soar.  I know that the search is always something that I can look forward to whenever I am just out browsing antique/thrift stores.  To me, it is like resurrecting a part of my childhood, one piece of china at a time.  

3 comments:

  1. Yay for finding the things you wanted on Black Friday! Your new China is pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty i love china settings one day id like to have a set for every holiday lol
    thank you again for the purse from the giveaway i'm going to use it this weekend for a holiday party

    ReplyDelete