Nearly Famous ~ Pinup Wednesday!



-Age: 
A lady never tells

-Occupation: 
Model

-Where are you from: 
Bay Area, CA

-Favorite photographer to work with: 
Edson Carlos, Philip Austin and Ama Lea are my top three. I love everyone I've worked though, and have never had a bad experience. 

Featured photo(s):

-Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s)
"roxy1" Ama Lea Photography MUAH Diana Cortez
"roxy2" Edson Carlos MUAH PROJECT: face
"roxy3" Philip Austin MUAH Roxy Tart


-Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?
I love all three of these photos because they are so different. Each one is very much me, but almost different aspects of my personality. The first is from my first shoot with Ama Lea, we wanted to do a more innocent look and I love the way it came out. The second is from a shoot with Edson Carlos for Hallowen 2011. I love horror movies, Freddy Krueger especially, so I really wanted to do a sexy Freddy shoot. I love the colors and how everything pops. The third was taken at Ink N Iron 2001 durning a shoot with Philip Austin. We found a bridge with these amazing lights under it and shot there in the middle of the night surrounded by raccoons and stray cats. It was a blast! 



-How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?
I've been modeling for almost 4 years now

-Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?
I love Jayne Mansfield, Marilyn Monroe, Mamie Van Doren…. all the classic busty blonds. I love the curves and sex kitten appeal that they all had.



-What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?
I love classic Chanel and Dior from the 50's. And for modern accessories I love Louis Vuitton (I have a huge collection). I design most of my own clothes, and have an amazing seamstress, Hallie Smith, who makes them for me. For modern pin up designers I like Vivian of Halloway,  Stop Staring and Bettie Page clothing.



If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be?
I would love to work Holly West and Chris Gomez. I adore both their styles. I'm really big on color, and I appreciate a photographer who really knows how to make the colors in their photos pop.  

Stay Sweet,
Kem




Don't Forget to enter the Sweet Tooth Giveaway for November!

2 comments:

  1. she is so pretty!! rock on pinup girls :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's very pretty! I agree with Jodi!

    ReplyDelete