Nearly Famous ~ Pinup Wednesday!




// Kupkake Karen // Facebook // Model Mayhem // Pet Sitting

Age: I am 28 but if you ask my kids they will tell you I have been 24 for the last couple of years.

Occupation: I am a full time student and independent Pet Sitter/Groomer in KATY TX. I hope to have a degree in anthro-zoology one day and help the world a little.

Where are you from: Yumbo, Colombia SA (its a small town, so small I was born at home) I have been in the states though since I was very young and Texas is home!

Favorite photographer to work with: All have been my favorite! I have always walked away from the shoots having learned something new and useful from them.

Featured photo(s):
1) White Chair 2)who is on the phone? 3)another polka dot dress 4)Pool table 5) umbrella

Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s)
1)Photographer: Warwick Boudoir (Spring)   HaMU:MakeUp Houston

2+5)Photographer: Alyssa from MilesLove Studios (Houston)   HaMU: Marisa Ayala

3)Photographer: Nolan Conley Photography(Spring)  HaMU: Tara Ward

4)Photographer:Abel Perez (Houston) HaMu: Me


Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?

Pic 1)This photo was taken at their studio and it was a lot of fun! 08/11

Pic 2+5)These were shot at Mileslove Studios, the props were so much fun to use and I love the colors she put together!

Pic 3)I was blessed to shoot with them! I believe that some things are meant to happen.. this shoot was a blessing (more for personal reasons than professional) and I was lucky to have met Mrs. Tara Ward who sent me on my way with.. " make sure your nice!"

4) I just love this one!! that's my mans pool table, he was kinda upset I was sitting on it but we know good shots usually hurt:0)


How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography? 
I have been modeling  for 3 years but I have been around photography and such for 5 years now. Oh the things I have seen.
 

Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?  Betty Page, Gypsy Rose Lee, Mae West, Jean Harlow to name some.. They were beautiful and strong in their own right. and present, inspiration for me comes from so many of the talented ladies that I have had the pleasure to meet,Ooh Ooh I also spent most of my teenage years on Shorty Hydraulics and Dayton's so the Low Rider chics inspired me too. 

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?Aww man.. I cant just pick some or a few.  There are so many great ones to choose from! I have to say that I have seen Pin Up One's stuff and I am in love with her designs. Dismantled Fashions, PinUp Couture to name a few.

If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be? 

There are so many great photographers in this area that I couldn't possibly pick one! I've checked out work from Kingwood Pin -Ups to Melissa Gamez Photography and others that just makes this question kinda difficult to answer...** I do love Roberto Alvarado's work though!!
Stay Sweet,
Kem

4 comments:

  1. wow, she's super pretty! love her face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this.. she is pretty :) pinup girls rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Karen and all her pic! But she is also just a wonderful caring person! <3 love this!

    ReplyDelete